Wednesday, October 28, 2009

lecturing... again

My boss dropped a bombshell this morning, i was asked to conduct another lecture at University of Nottingham, tomorrow.



Well, since this is my second attempt of guest lecturing, it SUPPOSED to be alright. The only problem is that the topic of lecture has nothing to do with my domain .... "Configuration Management in Software Development". What this biotech fella gotta do with teaching software configuration management to IT student?

I really have to THANK my boss for having so much of confident in me.

The first time in UPM was no sweat as i'm well versed in Molecular Technology, but IT? Well, maybe i should say that my vast experience in IT field came from 5 years of blogging.

......

All in all, it wasn't that bad ... I do know the subject matter and was part of software engineering process group. However, something interesting caught my attention though. "We are looking forward for your ENRICHED (highlighted in bold) lecture for our young minds."



hmm ... enriched ... you bet it, hope my 'enriched' (maybe saturated to an extent of suffocating is a better description) experience in project management would be helpful. Project Management for a bunch of kids that is. Did i mentioned that i'm holding a whip in one hand and sweets in another, ALL the time? Thats my ultimate Project Management skill.

8 comments:

Dorcas said...

hahaha, dun worry, as a ex-student, we all know we never really pay any attn to what lecturer is talking, especially guest lecturer!!

manglish said...

got extra pay? hehhe

Xav_Kim said...

Ah Moi, Nottingham addressed you as SIR . Perhaps The University of Nottingham,Malaysia Campus couldn't identify your gender via Susan Ong Su Ming
Don't, just prepare some nice story to attract audiences attention, then everyone is happy.
As Mr.Manglish said: got extra pay?hehhe?
Got extra pay???

ANGEL_onLINE said...

wow! u should be proud of yourself! guest lecturer!*swoons*

configuration what?!?! lol

got extra pay?!?! so bila belanja makan :)

Rublyee said...

Hello.. came over from a comment tat you left months ago.

I see that you are a biotechnology graduate. I am a biotechnology student. But, if I was to give an IT lecture. I would be scared of cos I know nuts about IT.

Anway, good luck to you.

savante said...

Sure you must have done such a great job on the last one that your boss picked you!

Medie007 said...

so so so...? how did the lecture go? :D

first time here. nice banner! :D

Atlantisian said...

@Manglish, Kim, Angie: not paid la. If got also paid to the company not me

@Savante: That really depends on how you look at it. Well, if i'm trying to make myself feel better, that should do it i guess

@medie007: Thanks. Nothing unusual happened, just that i'm pretty amazed with the fact that the class consist of 100% foreigners-Africans, Vietnamies and china-ese.