Friday, October 02, 2009

The Letter to 15 Years old myself

The first time i heard about Angela Aki, the half Japanese and half Italian American singer, is from the soundtrack of the anime "Blood+", a song called "This love". I straight away fell in love with the depth of emotion in her voice. The song brings out the pain of Saya (the gal in the anime) so vividly which almost made me shed a tear.

The second song which made fell even madly in love for her is the Japanese version of Bob Dylan "Knocking on Heaven's door". That's the best rendition which i've ever heard of the legendary song.


Her song continues to touch me, this time its not directly from her but from a group of students. A song called "Tegami" (translated as the Letter to 15 Years old myself). The lyrics are meaningful as it's about a 15 year old student struggling with life who writes a letter to his/her future self to ask for guidance… and gets a reassuring letter back, telling her/himself not to be defeated though there are many heartaches and pains of growing up, to continue to believe and build the dreams.

Please do have a listen, frankly i'm not really into attach youtube video in my blog, but this is worth a listen.



Dear you, who's reading this letter
where are you and what are you doing now?
for me who's 15 years old
there are seeds of worries, I can,t tell anyone

If it's a letter addressed to my future self,
surely I can confide truly to my self
now it seems that I'm about to be defeated and cry
for someone who's seemingly about to disappear
whose words should I believe in

This one-and-only heart has been broken so many times
in the midst of pain, I live the present
live in the present

Dear you, thank you
I have something to tell the l5-year-old you
if you continue asking what and where you should be going
you'll be able to see the answer

The rough seas of youth, may be thought
but row your boat of dreams on
towards the shores of tomorrow

Now, please don,t be defeated and please don,t shed a tear
during these times when you're seemingly about to disappear
just believe in your own voice

For me as an adult there are sleepless nights when I am hurt
but I'm living the bittersweet present
there's meaning to everything in life
so build your dreams without fear
keep on believing

Seems like I'm about to be defeated and cry
for someone who's seemingly about to disappear
whose words should I believe in ?
please don,t be defeated and please don,t shed a tear

During these times when you were seemingly about to disappear
just believe in your own voice
no matter era we're in
there's no running away from sorrow

So show your smile, and go on living the present
go on living the present

Dear you, who's reading this letter
I wish you happiness

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Omg...she's just like me.. Im also writing a letter for me to be read when Im 50..

kim said...

nice recommend...nice song n clips
recently, im fell in love with "Paolo Nutini - Sunny Side Up (2009)" album.
will listen again n again the whole album