Thursday, October 15, 2009

Project Alpha: Kenny Sia

Reading Manglish's post on Pikey made my finger itch to write the same, so here comes my post dedicated to a person named Kennysia.

If you'd follow my blog long enough you will know that i'm actually a big fan of Kenny Sia. In fact, i have a post (Kepoism) dedicated to him 4 years back when i'm still a newbie in the blogsphere. *Pardon my poor grammar/vocabulary as i was still struggling to pronounce "palate", "palette" and "pallet" accurately during that time.



I was looking forward to Kenny Sia's Project Alpha episode ever since the show started to go live. It didnt fall short to my expectation actually. It felt totally weird and exciting at the same time to see the man behind the blog so lively not only in words but also in flesh and colors. (Check it out here!) When i watched those infamous disgrace photoshoped images and self directed cat fight videos of his, i couldn't contain my laughter and was bursting out with massive fit of giggle, IN MY OFFICE! * My college must have thought that i am hysterical or what.


Thanks project Alpha, looking at this really made my day!

The thing with KennySia is that i love his early sentimental posts which described his life in Perth, how he detoured from his original path, and came back to this little town named Kuching to inherit his father business, at the same time building up his blogging cliquish bit by bit. It's very much a lifelog, but one that full of laughters and humors definitely. I guess thats very much what real life blogger is all about.

However I've never really met this cheeky blogger in person although we came from the same hometown-bumi kenyalang. I remembered 2 years back when Peter visited my family back in Kuching, he tried to coarse me into setting up a 'date' with Kennysia. Well, if he is not my boyfriend, i would have suspected did he secretly admire him or what. Well the 'blind date' didnt worked out in the end. Although i had followed his blog religiously for 4 years now, be sunshine or rain, i would still prefer to confine the whole bloggers interaction in the virtual or cyberspace world.

Its a very weird theory of mine, which you dont really have to agree to. I've always think bloggers have the luxury of expressing themselves in a way without being prejudicely perceived through race, character or educational background. As such the impression can be judged solely based on their words. The anonymity we have in this virtual world itself is a way of empowering.

(However, its also scary that with the blooming of facebook and twitter and many other social networking gizmo, maybe one day, our virtual identity will become more prominent than our real selves.)

Bloggers may not necessarily hold the title of true friends who have your best interest, they do not necessarily gave you the same esteem as a true friend does. But we cant deny the fact that these group of people share our deepest thoughts and emotions which we usually reserve only for ourselves in this little space called blog.

I'm really enjoying reading random post from 栋物园, Pikey, Manglish, antithesis2, Minishorts although i dont know them personally. In fact reading their blog (and my friend's blog) has become my daily entertainment dose to ease my tension at work.

So guys, please continue to write more cuz my working life will be so boring without your words!

3 comments:

manglish said...

ahhahaha me too, reading blog has become a daily past time..and i felt so bored when none of you update ur blog hahha....

Kennee said...

KennySia... got a weird sense of humor which is appealing to us... I think that is why we all love his blog so much... ^^

Canette Hitto said...

met him few times in kch last time