Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Home

22/5, Sunday, it was indeed SOMEday.

It supposed to be a happy day, cuz' after working like a slave for the past two months, finally i am going back home. I dunno why I miscalculate the check-in time for the flight, somehow, my brain suffers momentary paralysis which maybe due to ripple effect of last night farewell gathering, or due to the side effect of tears gland hyperactivity, or due to overflowing of my depressed feeling. Or maybe it’s the combination of all the three. Anyway, the fact is I miscalculate the thing and only arrived at the KLIA airport 20 minutes before departure time.

When I reached the check in counter, to my horror, the flight officer told me that the check in counter for the flight was closed. I was damn shocked, all I can do is keep begging him to let me in. Well, he told me that I supposed to check in 45 minutes before the departure time and the fact that even though they let me in, it wont make a difference cuz’ the boarding gate might as well closed already. It was a depressing scene, I’m nearly to my tears, the officer still checking the situation in boarding room through phone, while other passenger look at me with those pity eyes and it reminds me of those drivers that stop their car at the car accident scene to check out what was happened but never bother to go out from their car to offer a helping hand.

In the end, I guess the officer just couldn’t stand the look of the devastated face of a gal standing helplessly, mouthing "please" to him over and over again with the tears hanging in her eyes waiting to drop, so he let me check in, but with the condition I have to carry all those luggage by myself. Remind you, the two bags that I carried is around 40 kg cuz’ I have all those thick biology text books inside. Imagine I run breathlessly with those heavy luggages at the speed of 10 meter persec, keep stripping over my own feet, while the time is only 15 minutes left. The funny thing is, from such a distance away, I can still hearing the officer shout at me from the back, "run girl! We cant guarentee that they would let you in! so run!!!"

When I reach the boarding gate, I dunno where the hell the courage from, I just shout at the guard "I’m running out of time!", rushing pass through the gate without bother to let my luggage check through the UV scanning machine. Well, of course, the gate alarm went off, it’s a very irritating dee-dee-dee sound, and I was stopped, by 4 full-uniform guards! (what the heck!!) One of the macho guard with the i-will-shoot-you-with-M16-if-you-didn’t-follow-my-order face telling me, "gal, follow the procedure!" well, I guess that’s mean a red light. So I went back through the gate, and the damn dee-dee-dee alarm rings again, its even irritating this time cuz somehow I felt it seems to sound exactly like some sarcastic laugh. While seeing my luggage went into the tunnel of the UV sacenning machine whereby the officer can see through all the underwears I have in the bag, I desperately check the time, 10 minutes to go before the plane fly.

9 minutes before the flight, with the adrenaline pumping through my vein, I was scating in the airport with a luggage trolli while shouting "watchout!" to all the passengers that was blocking my path. When I reach the boarding gate, the guard asked me if I were the one that they keep repeating calling the name through the speaker for 3 consecutive times. I said yes that’s me, and other guard seems to be impressed, "so, you are the gal that check in 15 minutes before flight." Well, that makes me even depressed cuz I don’t think that’s a compliment and I was fumble desperately for my air ticket through my pockets.

After another 2 minutes of searching, I manage to get the ticket and yes 5 minutes before the plane spread its wing and fly into the sky, I was sitting on the comfy seat of the plane. and it was that time only my strung nerves relaxed, my heartbeat ceased to 72beat/sec, my ventilation rate went to normal. and i dunno where the surge of emotion come from, i collaps into cries, venting all my depress into my tear duct and released it in a form of salted H2O. and yeah, the air steward is quite handsome in the black suit.

2 minutes after the plane flew high up in the sky, I was unconscious, sleeping like log, as to relax my overwork actin and myosin, and to ease the intense emotion turmoil I had went though 20 minutes ago.

After 115 minutes, I was landed on the land of hornbill, bumi kenyalang.

and I was home.



banana2 wrote on May 24, '05
luckily the guards did not cause too much trouble to u.

next time got to check carefully lo, if u are in siberia during the winter season and u calculate the time wrongly, then u will have to freeze for a few nights before u can be sent to malaysia to be thawed by some of our malaysian embassy staff (by paying a huge sum for the service, of course).

pohmui wrote on May 24, '05
fuyoh.. that was *sweat*

i like this word " i-will-shoot-you-with-M16-if-you-didn’t-follow-my-order face"
craziivan wrote on May 24, '05
Everything is a survivor challenge for Suz.

Getting breakfast at WM means jumping over a few cars and dodging armed muggers.
nightscamp wrote on May 25, '05
glad that you're back safely then... *hugs*
eugenetwj wrote on May 25, '05
Nice adventure. You know, sometimes we have to live life like this or it would be damn boring. Provided that im a bypasser/listener/watcher or whatever you call it.

Oh and did the handsome steward offer his shoulders for you? No? Too bad. Try to be late another time and maybe he will :P
atlantisian wrote on May 27, '05
well, it was indeed an unusual experience for me too, i know i know, my blurrness will get myself into more trouble in future, but i think i just have to get used to it.

anyway, glad that you guys enjoy the blog.
craziivan wrote on May 27, '05
Don't mention it...was bored out of my head.

Suppose some melodramatic drama is better than no drama at all.

Maybe I'll pull the same stunt next week.

No comments: