Sunday, April 03, 2005

Into the studio



This blog comes a little bit late, cause i was caught in the middle of extreme busyness for the past few days, in fact i have to rush to the church to lead pnw for the second mass in another 45 minutes. (bro and sis, plz pray for the holy spirit anointing me through the whole worship today) Anyway, my house is like a motel already, everyday i only come back for sleeping (which is not more than 4 hours), other than that, you will find me in the office, in the church and most probably at mamak stall. Sometimes its makes me wonder what my life would be like when i'm not busy at all, and then my mind drift back to those lazy days when i'm still in kuching, and suddenly I felt a chill running up my spine, there’s no way I will go back to that kind of unproductive life anymore.

Back to my point, "into the studio", thats was what initially i was going to blog about, dunno why i'm easily strayed away from the topic... ok, the story start with an unexpected call from my music director Yvonne.
10am, MCA office,

right here waiting ringtone.....
Yvonne:"Shi ming, are you free to talk now?"
Susan :" i guess so, you wait for a while"
(with a puzzle look on my face i rushed out from the office, cuz' Yvonne rarely called me except for the praise and worship matter. My imagination running wild, maybe Heng guo can't play drum tonight cuz he went for a liposuction (joking!) or Jeanne cant play keyboard tonight cuz she break her fingers or having athriatis... (well, i have to think for the worst right?)
Yvonne:"wanna join to sing in ling yi zhong's newest live praise and worship album? we will start to record the album tonight."
Susan :"...."
i was stunned for nearly a minute, then, adrenaline started pumping into my veins, my palm started to sweat, O YES!!!!!! my heart leaped like solero shot, but somehow, i'm able to control my accelerating emotion.
susan :" of course, i think i can squeeze in some time for the thing."
Yvonne:" great, anyway, 10pm to 2am every thurs and mon night, is it ok for you?"
susan :"not a problem!"
(my facial expression and intonation of my voice is contradicting each other. "what!! 2 am in the morning??” how can i survive the next day without falling asleep the next day while working?? Anyway, i don’t care, as long as I got the microphone in my hand, I can sacrifice my beauty sleep.

Finally the night came, after the pnw practice, Yvonne drove me to the studio, which is somewhere at Bukit segar, up on a hill which is quite near to the Sedaya college. All the way, i cant hold back the excitement feeling that is really overwhelming and keep humming songs like a kiddo. We reached there around 11pm, the studio is at the basement whereby it’s owned privately by the music producer of the album, James (a very knowledgeable and CooL guy). The first impression is the studio is nothing different from the one in the movies, cozy, carpeted, dim light, with a big piece of glass that you can see the producer with the PA system and all those buttons and lights beeping in the next room.

But what really makes me think the whole studio is superb is the full set of Zildjian drums, Ibanez electric guitars, bass, synthesizer… the sight of 8K Ibanez metallic red electric guitar really send some shivers through my spine, maybe Its due to the fact that i have fetish about guitars. To be truth, guitars turn me on much better than hunky macho guy. But, perhaps, hunky macho guy playing an Ibanez guitar might able to boil my blood in bullet speed as well. Anyway, i dont dare to touch the guitar, cuz' its feels like blasphemy as i'm really sucks in guitaring.

Anyway, recorded 3 ling yi zhung’s songs, too bad I’m not meeting the man himself and the rest of the singers cuz’ we are actually doing the recording separately. (people, if you wanna know who the heck is Ling yi zhung, plz feel free to have a view at Himusic). It really amazed me that the effectiveness of the advance technology that enable people to record songs without having to present together at the same time and place, the richfulness of the song can also be amplified by recorded it twice whereby when there’s only 4 people singing, it sounds like 8 people singing, and furthermore you can hear yourself singing the original and the harmonic melody at the same time…

i am really having the time of my life, singing together with the rest of the gals, hearing my own recorded voice is really unbelievable, I always have the indescribable zest and enthusiasm for music, the first time experience in the studio really makes my spirit uplifted, its like now I am one step closer in making my dream comes true, only God knows how badly I craved for this…

music, my passion for life.



pohmui wrote on Apr 3, '05
when is it coming out?

atlantisian wrote on Apr 4, '05
soon, i think...i hope it will be out before i fly to UK...really looking foward for it.

nightscamp wrote on Apr 4, '05
Wow... That's a great scene to be in... :)
Have fun with it!

eugenetwj wrote on Apr 4, '05
My oh my... susans own albuM? Seeeeeeeeeriously...

Wat a crazy life, i'll be glad to lead one myself, but not for long periods of course. Hectic wild life is only fun and exciting when taken in small doses.

But as for you, you go Diva-Susan!

atlantisian wrote on Apr 4, '05
no lar, i'm just one of the back up singer, anyway, the 'diva' thing sounds quite nice...hehehe

No comments: