Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Why did i blog

Read my kokker friend's blog (no life blogger) just now, they are hitting the 10000 loyal visits in only a year, I would say thats quite an achievement. By the way, that really prove a thing, people like to peek at other people's life, curiosity indeed kills the cat, that's human nature. It is ironic when all the while we are wondering how other's life goes everyday, we didn't realized they live exactly the same life as we had. Same 7 days a week, same 24 hours a day, same route of sleeping-working-eating-sleeping, but other's life is always seems to be more interesting than ours, i wonder why that so. Well, it really makes me think why did i blog in the first place anyway.

Open the memory book, i remember the effort starts in the final third of my 21st year. For a long time I carried all those precious memories in my brain, store it in soft copy and so whenever I feel fine I just have to retrieve and replay it. But ironically I find that this unlimited-capacity-brain sometime can be really choosy and fussy, well, it ONLY selectively store some of the incidents while ignoring other insignificant one. Moreover, as time flies, some of the memories will faded by it self. Well, driven by the urgency of wanting to keep the memories last longer, i keenly started to blog. It seems presumptuous to think that my life's notes will have any value once I am gone. But at least after 100 years my cucu and cici will read through this and feel impress that their great great grandmother did lived a crazy life also.

Sometimes, i just felt that blogging is like talking to oneself in the mirror, you knew all those feelings and thought, but when you put it all into words, it can help us to concentrate, to get in touch with the deepest stirrings of our hearts, to clarify our minds, to process confusing emotions, to reflect on our experiences, to give artistic expression to what we are living, and to store significant events in our memories. Moreover, a Blog is more than a mirror, i think. It is a tool to reflect on experience and assess their significance.

For once i thought i have nothing original to write. Whatever i might write someone else has already write it. But each human being is unique and original, and nobody has lived what i had lived, so it really doesn't matter how well actually other write compare to me, its the expression of the mind and feelings that is mattered, and that's already a unique. While there are many pages of my journals I once hope no one but those closest to me would ever read, I guess i have stopped worrying about the potential exposure. Anyone who wishes to know can find out my worst secrets anyway. The self-consciousness? It simply went away over the time. and somehow, blogging really help me to express myself more bravely and openly.

Would i stop blogging one day? maybe yes and maybe no, but for this moment, hell no.

pohmui wrote on Mar 23, '05
yes.. you had my little heart's voices out. that is actually some of the reason y i started a blog anyway.. erm.. well, curiousity does kill a cat. but i wonder is that the reason y the cats have 9 lifes? anyway, human are even curious, or else no technologies like this ever existed.
Comment deleted at the request of the author.
atlantisian wrote on Mar 24, '05
pohmui said
yes.. you had my little heart's voices out. that is actually some of the reason y i started a blog anyway.. erm.. well, curiousity does kill a cat. but i wonder is that the reason y the cats have 9 lifes? anyway, human are even curious, or else no technologies like this ever existed.
hehe, we are all curious little miao, anyway let us keep the blogging spirit alive !!!
nightscamp wrote on Mar 24, '05
I totally agree with you. Whatever you write would be original as long as it's from you. It doesn't matter if it sounds a little like something someone else would have done.. Hell, it's still you, it's still different, you can't do something the exact same way someone else does it.
That's why romance novels and movies never die. People fall in love in all sorts of different ways, and some may be similar but it's not the same. You enjoy it anyhow. It's an experience. It's LIFE!
ENJOY IT!
*hugs*
~Lanis
lyonlionel wrote on Mar 24, '05
it's just a way to say or do what you cannot really do in real life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

О! 需要不断的测试我的博客。没有工作,因为我希望它没有。 THx中的主题。也许这将让我看更好。

Anonymous said...

我只是想尽快作出评论说,我很高兴我找到了你的博客。谢谢

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.