Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Reminiscence of the past... wedding

This is a regugitated entry on my sister's wedding.

I havent meet my sister since her wedding in last November, 2008. Her absence is quite unusual especially for this year chinese new year holiday, as we've have always celebrated the festival together as a family for the past 25 years of my life. Well, i guess its very much a chinese tradition for the daughter in law to stay with the husband family during the such festive season. For some reason, our home seemed to be more quiet and to some extent less homey without her presence. I've even started to miss her endless grumbling and the occasionally shouting.

Anyway, i still have this warm feeling in my chest everytime i look at the photos taken by Elvis, he is really a fabulous photographer as he captured the "moments" so perfectly and the photos really tell the story much better than thousands of my words.

I slept with my sister in their wedding suite the night before the wedding, and no i didnt trash the hotel room and i've even make the bed for the newly wed birds. Its 5 am in the morning of the wedding day and this is the picture taken before the make up session (my sister gonna kill me if she know i've uploaded this photo). I guess we are still very much relaxed watching CNN news while waiting for the make up artist preparing with all her tools. And yes i am munching and eating muffins early in the morning. shame on me.

The make up tools, i wonder what is the spoon like thing for??

Then my mom and dad arrived, and she was nagging at me for not putting up my dress yet, and its still 6am!! Anyway, Elvin steal a shot on us when i am 'dressing', hehehe.

My sister admiring her newly done hairdo..

Finally after all the dressing and make up, me mom and dad put on the white vail for my sister

As usual, there was a session whereby the sisters gang of the bride played all sort of pranks to the groom and his die-hard brother team, such as forcing them to drink from the kid's milk bottle, eating bannana, munching chillies etc. And finally after overcame all the obstacles, the man of the day was able to come into the room to receive the bride.

And see how happy my sister was to see that her knight appeared in shining armor.

And yes, all the sisters gang were smiling brightly and satisfied with big fat ang pow in their hand and alas a lala pose to end the whole Bride-receiving ceremony.

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

she still looks exactly the same! How's the brother?!

Atlantisian said...

My brother went through massive changes in his appearance, got all the pimples (like chai peng) when he hit puberty, now is fine, except that he is one head taller than me now. hehehe