Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shake to Shape

I used to be pretty skinny when i was in Liverpool, but that's just my high metabolism at part time work. Trust me, working 3 hours a day in Marks and Spencer can burn off your fat like barbecue grill. However, a short 2 years of urban city lifestyle where wine and dine with customers are part of my job, i've gained nothing but extra lipid. Its not like i am paranoid over my increased weight and chubby face, but its more of an annoyance as some of my shirt/blouse are not really fitting anymore due to my increased waistline. Mind you all my clothes are in S size those days.

To be frank, I am a person who care the least about my external appearance. I've always think that external appearance isn't the most significant attribute of a person and paranoid over our look all the time is just lame and superficial. Its kinda annoys me when those skinny girls come and tell "oh, i am so fat" all the time, as if their life revolves around the 0.5mm extra lipid around their waist.

Well, i don't deny the fact that there are people who judge individual through the external appearance, and yes the first impression does carries weight, but fretting too much over those opinions are unnecessary as what is important in a person is beneath the surface, and only time can tells that. Of course that shouldnt be an excuse for a person to hide behind the term 'inner beauty' and to justify binge eating or unhealthy lifestyle either. This body is the home for our soul /spirit and its very much our responsibility to take care of it.

Anyway, come back to the whole weight issue, being cautious about how my body felt more heavier (maybe its just psychology) now compared to before, i decided to go for some healthy exercise regime. I dont really like the idea of gym as its repetitive and strenuous (and expensive as well), so the next is either Aerobic or Yoga. There is this great Aerobic centre near my place called Shake to Shape and it has been a month since i've started to attend the classes twice a week.

Beautiful Instructor, good motivation i guess
One thing which is good about the centre is that it allows people to subscribe to a plan of 5, 10, 12 or unlimited classes and choose from a range of different aerobic/Yoga class to attend. This includes Tight, butt and Tummy (for tummy, hips and thigh shaping), Hi/Lo, Dynamic (muscle building), Aero 1.2.3 (toning, weight losing), Yoga (ease muscle tension, stress, increase flexi) etc. I usually attend the first one and its consist of 10-15 mins warm up, 30 mins 'bar' exercise and 10-15 mins stretching. Its quite a balance exercise and involves alot of shaking as well. What i really like about the class is it's great ambiance and the fact that its a group exercise, you can see ladies from all works of life (from student to aunties) shaking their butt, sweating and dancing together to the music without any inhibition.

Hopefully i can maintain this as a routine and enjoy the shaking!

3 comments:

chloe-kohyee said...

ah...so good to exercise! im trying drive that motivation into my mind everyday i wake up...

unfortunately, everytime i wake up, i can only think of i want to slip in my blanket forever :)

anyway, post up some `results' to see eh?

take care :)))

Atlantisian said...

hahaha... give me another 1/2 year, then maybe can see 'some' result. You take care too, will write an email to you soon

Dorcas said...

Hahaha,I however, are ever so obsess with my extra lipids. Always have been chubby, but shed almost 10 kg for the wedding, ever since have been fasting and feasting, vicious circle!!! Also a gym junkie me!!! But i dun like classes though, did some pilates, still prefer running, and eating, and running, and eating........