Monday, March 30, 2009

Shake away the 赘肉

All my friends know that I am not a person in favor of sports and strenuous activities (mountain climbing, jogging etc.), and i tried to avoid any form of sport activities no matter how my friends sugarcoat it to tempt me to join them. The day when my ex-housemates (KY and JV) had given up in asking me to join them for badminton games every Monday, I know that I have totally mastered the Sun Tzu art of avoiding.

Well, not until i met the master of persuasion, my dear Peter. He will try to persuade me with all his might to join him for jogging on Saturday 8am in the morning, 'walk and less driving' movement, after dinner slow walk and etc., anything and everything he can think of so that both of us still can enjoy good food (we are pretty defenseless when it comes to food) without getting pot bellies.

To an extent i have to give credit to his persistence and patience cuz i dont think anyone can put up with my lame excuses and rejection for so long. He even manage to persuade me to join in 2 marathon/walkathon last year, and you know what i got a consolation medal for the 7km Insurance and Takaful walk! well, maybe i got hidden talent in this, who knows.

Terry Fox Charity Walk
My medal, no bluffing

Anyway, when i first decided to subscribe to the aerobic classes, no one is more happy than he was. When i break the news to him, seriously, he was in cloud 9. i can still remember that he held me close while looking into my eyes and said:

"i am so proud of you",

yeah, that's my dear.

Aerobic is definitely not an easy exercise. Every time after the 1 hour session, i'll be lying on the chair and felt like i have spent my last ounce of energy.

This is me before and after class, its not so visible from the photo, but i can tell you I am flushed and sweat like a pig in the 'after class' photo.

To be truth, aerobic is as strenuous as running 5 km non stop or climbing up and down 20 floors of staircases. Especially when it comes to those stretching exercises like legs split and push up, i can literally felt my muscle trembles while all the actin and myosin cells in my body are contracting. And the funny thing is, the instructor will try her best to motivate all the students during this moment of time by saying words like:

“加油!不要赘肉哦!把肚子的赘肉甩掉哦!”
(translation: throw away all the saggy fats around your waist!"

-________- thanks you, thats motivating, duhhhh....

Anyway, went for begger chicken dinner last week, have a look at the post by peter!

1 comment:

tonfucius said...

can tell abit from the hair style.. hhaha