Monday, March 23, 2009

Affinity

Affinity is the invisible bonds which bind people together, to an extent you can think that as similar to gravitation. Some people claim the word to be attraction, but for me, attraction always refer to the opposite attraction or physical attraction. If someday a person of the same sex come and tell you that he/she feel attracted to you, i think you will dash off even before he/she finish the sentences.

Naturally, we do gravitates or have affinity towards certain group of people, we are bound to them and they to us as well. To some people we feel akin as if we had known them before. Its a mysterious affinity which immediately felt at the first meeting, the relationship blossom effortlessly, and the connection is always there no matter how long it has been since the last time we chat or met each other.

I dont really have many friends of that kind, but Bowl is definitely one of the few. Last Friday night is the first time we met after 8 years, she was my best mate in Form 2/3, and we used to do all sort of crazy things together such as being fanatic over Backstreet boys and Titanic. To my surprise, we felt no inhibition and the conversation flowed naturally like the old times. Its kinda funny that after exchanging a few words, she started to smile and told me: "You've never changed". Once i heard the line, there is this sudden warm feelings filled up my chest. All these years, i thought i have changed alot, but in front of my dear old friend, i am just the same person i was when i am 13-14.

The funny thing is she told me the same, when she heard me calling her name in the phone, it makes her felt kinda weird but excited at the same time, cuz no one really address her with that name anymore. She was giggling like a kiddie when she said that, which is exactly the same old expression that i'm so so used to. Time may flies, but i have to say old friends know each other the best, even to an extent that they know you better than you do.

Its really great to know that there is someone in this world that still have the image of the younger me imprinted in her mind when i myself had started to forget about the little girl in me. And you know that no matter what you've went through all these years, there will be always someone who know you for the person you were yesterday and the person you are today .

6 comments:

Canette Hitto said...

affinity..
learn a new word. lol
you're still the one who always make me learn new english word ^^

Dorcas said...

hahah! You both still look the same. Nice to catch up, and I can't believe 8 years??!!! you're both in KL!!!

Atlantisian said...

hahahaha.. i never knew she was in KL all these while. and Dorcas you know what, she said she felt the urge to contact me back after she chatted with you.

Dorcas said...

that's good to know!! hahaha! I still have much influence!!
I met her again via facebook!
i think tiong tiong got married already too!

Xav_Kim said...

Glad u guys has meaningful reunion as
what i have experienced during Chinese New Year. I have an unforgettable gathering with my primary school buddies after >15 years!!!
wish u girls friendship forever

Canette Hitto said...

ya, thanks to facebook, lol
dorcas, the talk with u tat day had remind me bout this old friend
i met u, jess, anny, puia sze, winnie, jackson, toh kai, toh suong, james, chan, adam... before i leave kch
but din meet susan
so, had given me an urge to get susan, hehe
yup, tiong engaged.
lots of our old friends also married.
remember Tah Long?? he going to marry soon, 2009 or 2010 like tat
detail can refer to Jane