Monday, June 06, 2005

UK, Here i come

Imagine writing a blog 38000 feet from the solid earth. Crazy may it sound, yet its true.

I’m on the plane flying to Manchester now. Boring to hell hence trying to write some of my thoughts and feeling down before it fades. Well, the 13 hours flight is definitely something new to me, I mean this must be the longest journey that I have ever take. I don’t even know how to describe my feelings now, excited? Sad? Nervous? Well I guess it can summarize as “mixed feeling”.

I’m starting a new life, I’m going after my childhood dreams, I’m going to live in a new world which is totally different from my home sweet home. No mamak, no nasi lemak, no Manglish, no family, luckily still got a few friends accompany me.

Well, I supposed to felt thrilled and exhilarating happiness, cuz I’m one step closer to my dreams now. BUT (yeah, there always be a BUT trailing behind, I wonder why) somehow, I didn’t felt in that way. I think its just human nature, you want and crave something so much, but when you actually got it, you started to feel doubt about it, you started to asking yourself, is this really what you want? How ironic that is.

I felt kind of sad actually, Cuz’ I’m leaving all my loves one behind, for the next one and a half year, I will be completely missing in their life. Somehow, I lost the precious sharing of one and half years of my life with my close ones. I wont be able to attend my sister’s convoction, I wont be sharing the moment when my brother receive his SPM result, I wont be able to celebrate my loves one’s birthday.

But still I have to thank my loves one, my family, my friends, who support and bless me well. The love you guys pour on me is not something that holds me back, but the propellent force that keeps me going. Cuz’ I know the reunion after I gain my accedemic success will be the sweetest moment in my life.

So, with hopes and loves from my loves one as my energizer batteries, i set my feet to conquer UK. Hence, my friends, please wish me the best of luck.

UK HERE I COME!!!



nightscamp wrote on Jun 6, '05
Hey gal, I know exactly how you're feeling!!
I bet I'd feel that way too when I go to Australia to study...
Are you traveling with friends? Coz I won't be, so I dunno how the trips gonna feel like knowing that the next time I come back it'll be after 6months or a year instead of just 4 weeks or something...
It's a step we have to take to grow anyway. We'll return better people from the experience... Hopefully. :) *hugs* enjoy it! live it! learn! Experience it to the fullest!
ALL THE BEST!
claudinesc wrote on Jun 6, '05
welcome and enjoy your time here. =)
atlantisian wrote on Jun 6, '05
gee, thanx, i went to Liverpool to study, but for sure i will enjoy my time there to fullest.
pohmui wrote on Jun 6, '05
cool, susan..

my friend went to uk for studies now DO NOT want to come back...

all the best..
atlantisian wrote on Jun 7, '05
pohmui said
cool, susan..

my friend went to uk for studies now DO NOT want to come back...

all the best..
Yeah, thanx for the blessing... we didnt say we DO NOT wanna come back, we will, sooner or later....
eugenetwj wrote on Jun 7, '05
Its like a dream in reality.

Sigh, I wish i had 30k to spare.
banana2 wrote on Jun 8, '05
if i have 100k - 200k in my bank account, i will certainly go there! too bad i dun have...
pohmui wrote on Jun 8, '05
if i have so much money ... i wont be here.. i will enjoy life.

No comments: