Saturday, June 25, 2005

A day called birthday

current mood: mixed feeling
current song playing: Martina Mcbride "concrete angel"

Part 1:
As the clock finally tickling from 11:59:59pm to 12:00:00am, I heard the shattering of your heart into pieces, sorry for unable to share the sadness that you felt, Lyon. How I hope my sincere birthday wish will ease a tiny little bit of the disappointment that you had, how I hope your one and only wish will came true at the last minute of this meaningful day. But like what you always said, both of us know it won’t happen.

It was indeed a great coincidence that our birthday is just differing by one day. And it was indeed an ironic to see myself in your shoes even before my birthday reached. The impatient and endless waiting, the jolt and the increase of heart rate each and everytime the phone rings, the fear that our love one might really forget about us… All of these feelings are tugging the inner core of our heart. There’s no point of saying “I don’t care!”, cuz that will be apparent as counterfeit coin. We really didn’t ask that much, aren’t we? The only birthday present that we hope to receive is our love ones will remember our birthday, cuz that somehow prove that we are still SOMEone in their heart. With the distance between United State and United Kingdom between us, I felt no boundaries towards what you feel.

Lyon, happy birthday!

Part 2:
It’s a pure joy to receive the birthday wishes from my family and friends back in Malaysia, even from those that I thought they will never know what spell 25th of June for me. The only thing in my mind is “gosh, I’m so blessed.” I find myself laughing to my own like a dumb while listening to anthon’s birthday song. That was the cockest birthday song that I ever heard in my whole life, thanks u so much buddy.

A song for Susan
Susan, you're such a beautiful girl
your're my friend and part of the band,
you make me become a better man

i met you at the ohana nite
we clicked like tmnet, i played the chords
so you wouldnt be sad
impressed me with your beauty of humbleness from above
that you didnt need the postino that joe loves

now that you're gone to UK
I really hope that you are OK
you should just fong your masters degree in chemistry
and we can go sailing even though i dono how to sail in the tiomans sea

i hope your love life dont stink as much as mine
if sombody could offer their heart to me
it would be so kind
best of luck and wishes to all the things you that you do
happy birthday ong su ming,
this song is for you


22nd birthday is indeed not an ordinary birthday for me, this is the first time I have a lonely birthday in UK, this is the first birthday i felt that I really had grown up, this is the first birthday I didn’t celebrate with all my love ones. But what makes it meaningful is that I know far away at the other side of the earth, there is still someone that miss me and wanted badly to be by my side on this meaningful day. Thank you for the birthday song bull, it meants a lot to me. This is the first time in my 22 years of my life that I felt so much in love and so loved by someone. You are the greatest gift that I have ever received in any of my birthdays.

Part 3:
It’s really hard to believe that I actually had live an incredible 22 years on the earth. This morning, nearly 2 am, while I was lying on my bed, Memories rush through my head like a tidal wave of euphoric colors, its like a brief look-back at some of the milestones along the 22 years of my life.

my childhood~
I remember growing up like most of the people,
Stayin’ at a beautiful countryside called Kota Samarahan,
With a lot of playmates and bushes to explore,
Running barefoot with the innocent laughters echoed over the hills and rocks.

I remember this great swing under a massive giant tree,
An old one with ropes as thick as my wrists,
Where we take turns to swing each other as hard as we could,
Yelling and shouting each time the pendulum of swing carried us high up to the sky.

My school days~
I remember those sleepless night lying in bed with all sort of visions in my head,
and in the blackness of my room I let my imagination run wild,
Sometimes falling asleep replaying the day in my head,
Hoping that charming prince will awake me from dream with a sweet kiss on my lips.

I remember going home after a tiring day in school,
no one awaits except cold lunch served on the table,
flipping through channels letting out sighs.
I’m just waiting for the years to pass.

My college days~
I remember sitting with my ex on the bench,
Savor the breeze of the night as we making silly future plans,
The devastation I felt when i wave him goodbye,
And the heart breaking moment when we called it an end.

I remember having this beautiful Ohana prom night,
Seeing others shine in their saucy night gown and seducing make up,
under the sparkling lights my heart sang out I believe I can fly,
Awaiting for some breath taking moment so that I can cherish forever in my heart.

I remember the first time I met you after the Ohana night,
Together me, you and anthon jokes about my lab partner Mr Toady,
Never cross my mind that later you will become someone that meant so much to me,
Maybe it is destiny and I thank God for leading you to me.


Well, all of these precious moments had become past tense now, something called memories, which were meant to fade away with time. But its incredible that i can recall everything so vividly tonight.

Happy birthday to me.

No comments: