Sunday, March 04, 2012

Singing in my dream

This is a post about a very strange dream I had last night. It was so strange that I find it hard to put it in words. It defies any logical sense, yet the scenes were vividly clear stapled in my mind. 

I dreamt that I was a pilgrim, a wanderer. I was travelled with the flock of the same kind in the wilderness. We eat what the earth offers to us, we wear the modest piece of garment, we sleep on a mat underneath the wide open sky.

Have you ever sleep outside in the wild? Without a roof or tent. The velvety sky overhead, the twinkling little stars, the wide, dark and open horizon, it all reminds me of how small we human are in the grand scale of universe. All the senses were sharpened and elated with the realization, how the cool breeze caress the exposed skin, how the animals making their sounds from afar, every little sound becomes crystal clear. Its a peculiar feeling which worth everything to remember.

The nearest real life experience I can remember is when I was still 17. I was with a group of friends organizing youth camps across multiple districts in Sarawak during every single school holiday in that year. There was one night, after the whole day labour at the camp, we all lay down on a basket ball court and chit-chating the night away. Although many years has passed since that night, but I've always remember how magical the feeling we shared that night together sleeping under the stars.


In my dream, there was this scenes whereby I was looking at this man from afar. He was gifted with the tongue of angel. Wherever he goes, he was surrounded by many. People listen to him attentively as he speak with authority at the same time gentle as a child. In one instance, he turned his head and looked straight into my eyes. The glance made my heart skip a beat. But I don't know who he was and what's the story between us, I didn't dreamt long enough to find out. 

I remembered something bad happened, and everyone was asleep. I woke up and saw the bad guy (don't ask me why i know he is bad), but for some reason he couldn't hurt me. And then my mouth started to twitch uncontrollably, a beautiful note came out from the deepest part in me, a place where i didnt even know it existed. The notes forms melody, a song, which praise the Almighty. Then everyone woke up and listened to me, they were all mesmerised by the song, including the bad guy. He was weeping for some reason. But I continued to sing, and sing and sing, as if its the most important to do in my whole life. 

It was the second time in my life that I sang in my dream. I was in ecstasy. 

Then the alarm went off, and I woke up from my dream. Feeling weird from head to toe. 

Then i told Peter that I sang in my dream. With a constipated face, he told me that I was making some ghostly noise, or howling when i asleep last night, whatever it was, it was definitely not singing.

The end.  

No comments: