Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blogging at Work

I am co-managing a second blog at the moment. My company had designated a person under me who focuses on internet marketing initiative which basically revolves around content generation, managing social media sites like facebook, twitter and blogs. This initiative aimed at creating some hypes in the market and of course increase brand awareness. Yes you heard me right, my company paid people to be on facebook 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

So one of the initiative is to come out with a lifestyle blogs which focuses on health, genetics and informatics. Since I am ahem-season blogger-ahem, and blogging is a thing which is close to my heart and what I'm absolutely passionate about. I have spent a fair amount of time hand guiding my colleagues to implement the blog for the past one week. This includes doing some magic with the html, writing scientific articles, photoshop-ing images etc.  

Anyway do check out the blog. I wrote an article about Therapeutic life style changes a few days ago and I have a few more under my sleeves waiting to get published. Feel free to leave comments but please do not link my personal blog to the site. I don't want my curious boss to sniff around and figure out I'm blogging during working hours. :)   


Anyway, I guess this is the first step towards my serious writing (which I am harping on for ages but never have the time to do it), although the content are pretty much scientific or product oriented, but at least it forces me to write in a discipline manner. 

1 comment:

k0k s3n w4i said...

My bosses wanted me to contribute to the Surgical Department's blog, but I declined because I don't think I can blog without having the freedom to swear.