Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach

Do you ever see a photo of your love ones that perfectly represents exactly what they look like to you? That perfectly conveys the way you see them in real life?

This is one of those photos.



Doesn't he look very much "Peter" in the photo? 

I know, my husband is a simple person to please, he is happy as long as there is good food. However bear in mind as well that a hungry husband is an angry husband. So woman, work your way to his heart through his stomach!!

Anyway, cooking and baking is part of my routine now. In fact, i enjoy weekend baking so much that sometimes I rather stay in the kitchen the whole day because that's the only time in the week that I can spend long hours with my precious oven. 

This is a baked cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries. I love the hint of the cream cheese at the first bite of the cake. I've over baked the cake slightly as the texture was a bit crumble. However, it become much more solid and firm after refrigerated overnight. 

The vanilla muffins i baked last weekend. Not too sweet, zero butter, very light and filling. 

I also baked a chocolate pound cake layered with chocolate ganache and a coffee cream cheese layered with butter cake (couldnt find the photos) sometimes ago. I know thats damn lot of cheesecakes but i couldn't help it, cheesecakes are my favourite!

Anyway, I bought some remikin last week. Contemplating to try out panna cotta or creme brulee soon, will definitely post some photos ;)  

5 comments:

Xav_Kim said...

long time no c... when invite me for high tea at ur place?

Atlantisian said...

next week maybe, if the other gals are free ;). panna cotta anyone?

Dorcas said...

wei wei wei....i'm coming in march. please invite me to your place. and please cook something nice.

Minna-Kerttu Kekki said...

MMMMM, yumyum (in finnish it´s nam nam). Thank you for these pictures, I want to bake a cake now. Greetings from Finland.
Ps. I just somehow came to read this blog, by accident. Excuse me, if I made some mistakes in English, I´m still practising.

Atlantisian said...

Hi Minna,

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you enjoy my posts. ;)