Monday, March 05, 2012

My first ever rock concert

Yes, you heard me right. I went to a ROCK concert! 

Behold, Evanescence in da house!

At first, i thought to myself that even if its a rock concert, maybe I should just sit down and listen while the crowd can go crazy jumping up side down as they wish. 

Peter nearly dropped his jaw when I told him that. 

"Don't you know that there is only free standing in rock concert?"

Of course I don't know, if yes i wouldn't have wore my office attire (knee length tight fitting dress) with high heels to the concert. 

It was indeed an eye opener experience. Girls dressed up in Gothic style with heavy black eyeliner and fishnet stocking, while guys look totally punk. It made me felt even more out of place.

Anyway taking all that aside, for a rock concert, i must say that the atmosphere live up to its expectation, the whole house was on fire, the audience was shouting non stop, the band was beyond magnificent, and Amy, oh Amy, she sang with such a fiery passion which nearly burned down the house. She didn't miss a note, didn't lose her breath, perfect pitch, absolute performer.   


I love the moment when the prelude of "Bring me to life" played on air, the crowd just went insane. When it reached the chorus, everyone was singing in unison as though it was rehearsed for many many times before.  


Surprisingly, the one who caught 80% of my attention that night was the drummer. It was amazing seeing the way he lifted the drumstick over his head, dancing in circling motion as his hair flying fiercely all over the place. Now, i completely understand why rocker need the Rupenzel's long hair. It was simply the package. 

However, every coin has two side. The bad part of the experience was the SMELL and the SWEAT. The cigrate smell, the sweaty smell, and the heavy pungent musky body odor of groups of you-know-who people nearly sent me to hell. To make it worse, occasionally you'll get bumped skin-to-skin by some hairy SWEATY arms. It was so disgusting that made me wanna kick some balls on the spot itself.

Anyway, that pretty much sum up my first rock concert experience, would I go to another Rock concert in future, definitely yes, but is there any rock concert which provides seats?

3 comments:

Jenna Christine said...

That sounds awesome!!

Jenna Christine said...

That sounds awesome!

littlefaith said...

that's a rock concert for you. sweaty sardines and dressed-up kids and ex-kids!

hello! was surprised and grateful to see that you'd added my blog link to your links list! your baking looks awesome by the way.