Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wedding and some of my thoughts

Am shopping for a good photographer for my wedding day now. And for some reason i thought of KL and eve's wedding photographer- Dennis Yap. A bit of google search and i've landed with his site with the blog entry of the newly wed's wedding photo shoot 2 months ago. Click here to view.

In his entry, he commented "It may seemed a little dull if a wedding is a plain process without any emotional elements." which kinda caught me in surprise, i wasnt aware that he viewed the entire process in such a way. I was acting the busy bridesmaid on the day, so it was only normal that i didnt really know how did the outsiders (those who are not directly involved in the wedding process) felt or responded towards the whole event. Did they enjoyed it though its a christian wedding? Do they felt that they were part of the celebration? do they felt like a mere observer rather than a participant? or do they felt out of place with all the 'ritual' and proceedings of a christian wedding?


The busy bridesmaid: Sam, SH and myself

The experience of being bridesmaid (not once but twice!) had taught me 1 thing, that most of the brides just wanna get it done and over during the BIG day. The planning process was tedious and the actual day was pretty much tiring and exhaustive. Imagine wearing the makeup and the long gown the whole day, while wearing the smile and suck in your stomach the whole time so that you look like miss universe at all time under the flashes of the camera.

I think it looks glamor from the outside but sometimes its not really a pretty enjoyable experience for the wedding couple.

For some reason, it kinda makes me wonder would the invitees who came felt the same way too? Of course we all want to be there to give our blessing to the couple, but do all of us actually enjoyed the process or felt that its an obligation?

In my heart i had always wished my wedding is just a small exclusive party for those who we love. A nice little restaurant with afternoon tea and lots of cupcakes, people going around chatting with each other, people giving toast and telling funny stories of us, some may want to sing a song or two. Just a casual afternoon hang out with lots of laughter.

Since when we have all succumb to the stereotypical wedding whereby BIG church and BIG crowd and BIG 8 course chinese dinner reception are a must.

Anyway, just my little ramblings on a very dull afternoon in an empty office (how come everyone is still in holiday!!!). I will post my ROM photos stream in my next blog. Its password protected so please do send me an email if you want to view it! ;)

1 comment:

Xav_Kim said...

For some reason, it kinda makes me wonder would the invitees who came felt the same way too? Of course we all want to be there to give our blessing to the couple, but do all of us actually enjoyed the process or felt that its an obligation?
I was not invite to attend , no comment.
U shld know my email ID, right?