Wednesday, December 22, 2010

husband sounds foreign to me

Yeah, i guess the title said it all. Am having trouble to acknowledge the fact that i have a husband now. Yesterday when we sent the car for service, Peter referred the car as "my wife's car" and for some weird reason, i started to smile nervously to the service counter lady, as though i need to act 'normal' so that i do look like a wife.

If you asked me how i felt about being legally married, my answer is "its kinda weird". In my heart i know something is different, yet life still went on as usual. All the hard works in physical (buying clothes, booking of restaurant) and emotional preparations, finally came the ROM ceremony, and then the whole event went passed in the speed of light ..... welcome everyone, lots of hugs, snapping photos, ceremony starts, signing of the certificates, the registrar was overly enthusiastic, congratulation wishes, more hugs, more photo snapping, food, chatting around, more food, final hugs and many goodbye .....

Yesterday morning it marked the end of the entire process when i've finally sent my dad off to LCCT at 5am. After drove back home, I crawled into my bed and slept again for another few hours before i was woke up by the alarm. The moment i opened my eyes, it slowly dawned to me that i'm lying in the same room, enjoying the same quiet tranquility of the morning like any other morning (my home felt much crowded with the mere presence of my dad for the past few days), wondering what to do for the rest of the day. And i felt that i am myself again, as though this is THE real life and the past few days was just a long long dream.

Its really weird.

This whole thing of bearing a new identity as someone's else wife but the life still going on the same is totally weird.

I think it will be long long time before i can get used to it.

2 comments:

Xav_Kim said...

Again, congratz. Pls share some pics lah...

JeSS said...

congratz...
i can tell i have the same weird feeling with you too when we are officially signed the paper two yrs past.I even not used to the title wife or mrs chai whenever addressed by those banker now.

anyway, this is the next stage of life. and you might even have this weird feeling when u got a baby in one day.

time flies and things change. we are now attached to someone and responsible to a person called husband. may god bless your marriage..

cheers