Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Birthday at The Daily Grind

Not my birthday by the way. Its Peter's. And i'd mistakenly wished him one year older than his actual age which pissed him off, lol. Anyway, the Daily Grind is a great place for late evening hangouts and BURGERS. For gourmet lover like me, its heaven.


We had big plate of garlic chicken with fresh salad as appertizer. It was pretty good. Apart from the combination of the nicely grilled garlic chicken and garden salads like the lettuce, olives, it also comes together with the croutons, cheek peas and walnuts slices.

Garden salad with garlic chicken, RM18

Our mains consists of 2 types of burger, mine was down from the farm burger (RM33) and Peter chosen a non conventional Tokyo burger.



My burger set comes with burger with beef patty (bbq sauce), some onion rings, big fat grench fries, corn bun and fresh salads. The burger was nicely done, but i think it taste kinda mild. I was expecting some sort of kick with the cowboys on the horse trampling through my taste buds.



Peter's Tokyo burger (RM30) has a softshell crab lying between the buns, at first i thought the beef patty must be lying underneath the crab or playing hide and seek with me. but after numerous attempt of search, there is no beef patty at all! its just a big fat softshell crab! The wasabi sauce was great but the taste reminded me the Softshell crab Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes) from Zanmai Sushi. It wasn't bad, but it wasnt extremely good either. Just different i guess.

After the dinner, we went to walk around Bangsar and i bought the series of The diary of the whimpy kids for him as present. I don't know if you have this quite disgusting habit, but I think its a good crapping book. Seriously, i mean it literally, its a good book to read when you are crapping in the toilet. Peter does it, me too, as well as my brother. I remember my brother used to put all his book in this old bathtub beside the toilet bowl which we never used in my parent's master bedroom toilets. The books slowly mounting up and fill up the whole bath tub and everytime i need a book from my brother, we will have to dive into the bath tub to search for it.



Anyway, come back to the birthday topic, it was a good and relaxing evening. We were listening to the newest album of The Script while we were driving back. There is this particular songs which is really cool. The singer song writer wrote the song after an argument with his wife on the fact whether love is part of a scientific process of evolution or its purely a faith.

Science and Faith

Tried to break her to a science in an act of good defiance
I broke her heart (I broke her heart)
There’s a pull up on her theories
there’s a watch her growing weary
I broke her heart (I broke her heart)

Having heavy conversations about the frivolous
Constellations of our souls oooooh
We’re just trying to find some meaning in the things that we believe in
But we got some ways to go.

Of all of the things that she’s ever said
She goes and says something that just knocks me dead.

Chorus
You won’t find faith or hope down a telescope
You won’t find heart and soul in the stars
You can break everything, got the chemicals
But you can’t explain a love like ours.

Its the way we feel, yeah this is real
Its the way we feel, yeah this is real

I tried pushing evolution as the obvious conclusion of the start
Anekatips hmmm .. it was all my own amusement
Saying love was an illusion of a hopeless heart

Of all of the things that she’s ever said
She goes and says something that knocks me dead.

Anyway, thats the topic for my next post. Science and Faith. Stay tuned

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

happy b'day peter. i lvoe softshell crab, never have it in a burger though! Interesting.

Sc and Faith, to be, they are closely related. afterall, our Lord is the greatest Scientist, who created everything to the smallest details. so all scientist like us, are very much like Him, loves to create, expore, research!!
I'm gonna see you soon, please make time for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dorcas.