Saturday, August 22, 2009

21,23,26

Tagged. Its an interesting exercise of re-discovering myself.

5 Years ago

1. How old were you?: 21
2. Where did you go to school?:
College Tunku Abdul Rahman

Those are the days... thats our dear Dr Wong!

3. Where did you work?
I didn't.
4.
Where did you live?: Wangsa Maju, in a cramp 800 square feet flat with another seven housemates.
5. Where did you hang out? good question, probably my church. I was there Monday for CG leader meeting, Thursday for singspiration practice, Friday for CG gathering, Sunday for the Sunday service etc...

My CG members and I during Christmas celebration at Church

6. What's your biggest achievement? First time standing on the stage of Bukit Jalil Stadium as a backup singer


Hongkie singer Hins in red shirt with the rest of the worship crew members, me standing at most right, 1st row
7.Who was your bff(s): Angeline, Hooi Leng, Cat and Cher Pheng


My dear mates from College and Church, its so hard to find those photos from ancient



My dear mate Cher, a genius and a weirdo at times

8. What car did you drive?: i have license, but NO, i dont drive one
9. Had you had your heart broken? yes. long distance relationship can never work, trust me
10.Single/Taken/Married/Divorced?: Single


3 Years Ago
1. How old were you?: 23
2. Where did you go to school?: John Moore University, Liverpool

3. Where did you work?: Mark and Spencer, Averton Football Club, Free Lance tutor for A level, a full time partimer

Scottie and Cragie, my good good student

4. Where did you live?: i moved trice from JMU's hostel, to Kensington and finally to Albany



I miss my purple room in UK!
5. Where did you hang out? yes you are right, its church again


Busy playing angels in the church


6. What is your biggest achievement? Backpacking to Paris, ALONE

7. Who were your bff(s): Kohyee and Jiavern. We did so many wild and stupid things together. Love you gals!



Meet my hubby, who is a Romainian Warrior, and i led a secret double life, with two wives, one was heavily pregnant!

8. What car did you drive?: Nope, but my license was still valid
9. Had your heart broken?: hmmmm.... not because of love. Have a big fight with my best pal; Peter met an accident.... Its complicated. By the way, long distance relationship did work, gulp, i swallow back my words.
10. Single/Taken/Married/Divorced?: Taken

Today
1. How old are you?: 26
2. Where do you go to school?: not anymore, i'm done with study
3. Where do you work? A biotech firm at MINES


Me and my colleagues packing to move

4. Where do you live?: Genting Klang, Setapak
5. Where do you hang out?: hmmm.... Shopping malls, Peter house and church
6. Who are your bff(s): Peter and Miko (who say dog cannot be human's best friend)

7. What car do you drive?: Myvi. And yes, finally i'm driving!
8. What is your biggest achievement? Driving again after 8 years. In fact i drove back and forth transboundary from KL to Singapore in one day!


9. Had your heart broken?: Nah, i'm way too old for heartbreaks, headache sounds more like it
10. Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Taken

--- end ---

Now, this supposed to be an intuitive Q&A, but unfortunately my bad habit of over analyzing things surfaced again. I was stuck, cracking my head trying to answer some of the questions, especially this one:
"Who are your bff?"

I played this nitendo DS games quite some times ago called Drama queen. In the game, you get to be a drama queen, juggling career, boyfriend and bffs. Your bff will have certain capabilities whereby you can pay them some coins in exchange of certain favor. e.g. get yourself promoted, increase your love life attribute, even stealing your competitor's boyfriend!
Wow, if the games is true, bff means someone i can use to my advantage whenever i'm in need!

Anyway, enough of the crap talk.

Frankly, this is difficult, i dont quite grasp the meaning of this internet slang -'bff'. Of course i know its Best Friend Forever, the thing is i dont really know what it means to me. I have many great friends, some are superficial hangouts friends; some are brethren whom i can be totally transparent with; some are childhood friends whom i only get to see once a year now. If i can, would like to add all of them into my bff list.

However, miss fussy pants wouldnt settle with such generic answer.

After a LONG and DEEP ponder, i came out with my definition of Bff. Bff is someone you could sit together, never say a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. Someone who understand you so well that words seems to be absolutely unnecessary. When your mind is in a total mess, he/she can easily untangle whats in your thought and took the word right out of your mouth.

Well, the names i've suggested above may not 100% fit the bill. Yes for the best friend part, but frankly speaking i'm not too sure about the FOREVER part myself.

The thing is we tend to measure forever in terms of 'TIME'-continuously, endlessly, interminable, perpetual, incessant. However, wouldnt you agree with me that why do we need a best friend 'forever' when its impossible for human to live 'forever'?

Believe me, when someone tells you he/she will love you 'forever', there is also a timeframe for that.

Well if we take away forever's association with 'TIME', something temporal can be forever as well. for example, some moments are forever; a simple favor/gesture can be forever; a word of encouragement/enlightment can be forever, yes, some friends are forever.

get it? or i can go on and on about this until the cow comes home

4 comments:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

今天黎明时(6.30am)我们一行人摸黑上路,这是一条险象环生的山路,一个不小心掉落悬崖就粉身碎骨。我们伸手不见五指所以都乱摸一通,有时左手一伸就摸到猫头鹰,右手一伸。。哎怎么滑溜溜的?拿近一看原来是条蟒蛇;有时会一阵凉风吹来,然后毛骨悚然,心想七月十四到了应该是兄弟姐妹陪我们上路。

Atlantisian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorcas said...

to be honest, i dun think I have a bff now either! I wonder if it's because the more we grow up, the more complicated we became, and more insecure we are too, and hence the less open we are, even to our closet friend. May be that's why, we need a faithful friend, one that will never judge us, never leave us, one that we can always depend on in all circumstances. Oh what a friend we have in jesus!

BTW, what is the first comment about? is it some morpology? too deep, cannot understand, want to translate?

Xav_Kim said...

Sue, thz 4 willing to share ur "yearly experiences" wit us. Ur life sounds good and adventurous.
I always praise the Lord when I review my old days. Bitter @ sweet, all are belong to our unique and unforgettable memories.
Luckily, I found my bff: u know him too even the whole worlds knows him as well. He is Jesus Christ ;p