Thursday, April 09, 2009

I promised i will love you till the very end

Peter has two children, one girl and one boy. For them, he is the best daddy in the whole world. I never see him adores anyone else the way he adores them. He spent time with them, playing with them, hugging them whenever he can, and he always like to ask for 'kiss kiss' (in a very manja voice) ;p

I cant called myself their mummy cuz they already have a mom, who is also Peter's mom. Well, i dont care too much about the title, as long as they are also mine, my dear dear doggies.

tata... this is Miko, she is an old lady, 12 years old, in dog's years, she would be 7X12= 84 years old (even older than my grandma), a mixed terrier. Her name Miko was given by peter after pondered for days and nights, initially he wanted to give her a sophisticated Japanese name curtesy of a Japanese Princess named Yumiko something. However, since dog can only recognised few vowels, so it was gradually changed to Miko.


Miko have a strong character (maybe thats why we clicked so well). She loves when people scratch her belly. In approval, she will brush her leg on my hand when i do that to her. She get irritated easily when cat is around and she catches rat too! She follows me whenever i go and love to jump on and off my bed at night. However, dont get cheated by her cute figure, she is actually very fierce and will turn into a lioness when it comes to two things that she hated the most, grooming and bathing. She has a secret hideouts underneath the chair whereby every Saturday morning she will go disappear to avoid the weekly bath. Its amazing that how she know exactly when is Saturday and when is not.

This is Kui Kui and is 11 years old, he is from the same parents as Miko but a different litter, so they are biological brother and sister. Maybe due to the fact he was nuted at a very young age, so mentally he stay like young boy although he is physically matured, he is a mommy boy and he loves people carry and cuddle him. A year ago, he had underwent an operation to removes a small lumps in his neck and thats why he is wearing the head cone. But arent he looks cute with the cone on? reminds me of 伞蜥蜴. hehehe...


Peter and I love dogs, and we love watching dogs themed movie as well. Recently we went to watch a Japanse movie called "10 Promises to my dogs"about the story of a young girl called Akari and her dog, socks. Akari's mom made her to promise to obey the 10 commandments if she wanted to keep a dog. The story of the two started when the mom passed away and as years after years, they accompany each other through the growing days. However, the depiction of their relationship is quite ordinary in every way, just like you and me, with our doggie, in our everyday life, and thats why it felt dearer and closer to the viewer heart i guess.

Anyway, the 10 commandments are:

1. Listen patiently to what I have to say
2. Trust me, I am always on your side
3. Play with me a lot
4. Don't forget that I have feelings too
5. Let's never fight, someday I'll win
6. If I don't obey you, I have a good reason
7. You have school and friends, but as for me, I only have you
8. Stay my best friend, even when I'm old.
9. I'll live for about 10 years, so let's make every moment count.
10. Never forget our time together, keep this in your mind. So when my time comes, please be by my side.

Peter and i both love the movie, it reminds us to spend more time with our doggie cuz for them, we are all they had and their time is ticking faster as each day passed by. To an extent, thats the biggest fear i had when it comes to keeping a dog, cuz their life span is so much shorter than human, and there will be a day when we had to say good bye to them. In fact, i heard alot of people said they will never keep another pet after went through the heart breaks for putting their pet to sleep.

Am still dunno how to face it when the day come, but for today, i wanted to live out my one and only promise to them.

"I Promised i will love you till the very end"

3 comments:

Hayley/Shu Fen said...

hello! fellow nuffnanger visiting! :D

i love dogs too! XD

your dogs are really cute :)

watch Marley and me if you like dog movies!

Dorcas said...

ARRRR so cute!!
Yeah, watch Marley and Me, very good film, but i think if you read the book, it is so much better.

Your doggie are so cute!! you should start to introduce yourself as mummy to them! Casper recognise us as mummy and daddy too, and he listen only to "broken english" such as : Toy ler? Mummy Ler? Front down ( which is actually a bow command , etch etch)hahah, quite embarassing when I have ang mo friend come, and he dun really understand what they say!! :)
He is "nutless" too, i like him to remain a boy forever. I would hate him to loose his innocent and naivity!

Particularly like the pic of the "Elizabeth Crowns"! hahaha

chloe-kohyee said...

wei...they look like my old mimi...

poor mimi...got kidnapped..oh wait, DOGnapped

so sad :(

where did u watch the japanese movie? send to me?

i watch a movie too: After Thomas

it's quite good too. about a boy with autism and from there he developed a friendship with the dog. Real-life story