Wednesday, August 31, 2011

H means HOLIDAY!


Holiday holiday holiday. It was the long awaited week long of Raya and National day holiday. 3 more days to go before going back to the hectic life of a busy working lady. Still cant believe how fast time passes.

Anyway, i was the full time housewife for the past few days. Its a funny feeling whereby you know that you can sleep as much as you can without worry that you might be late for work; whereby an hour before the lunch or dinner and automatically you'll started to think what to cook. And the best of all is there are so much of free time and yet you are not getting bored of it at all (not yet maybe).

For the past few days, i have been watching many episode of The Voice; sewing my pupurin (of course you dont know what it is, cuz i will only reveal it in my next blog); working on my wedding photobook to sent for printing; and cooking for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If this is how's a house wife's life is all about, i think i'm managed well. ;)

So come back to my cooking. I have been reading alot about recipes from food blogs and planning on how to best utilize all the raw materials which has been slowly piling up in my fridge. So this are the dishes i cooked yesterday and the day before.

Breakfast was Omelet with alot of stuff in it like spinach, tomatoes, luncheon meet etc. 

Lunch was the pork with potatoes salad

Dinner was again the pork with fresh leafy vege and kolo mee (all the way from Sarawak)

The pork was inspired by Tables for 2's no-bake-cha-siew, but i didnt cook it long enough until its melting soft. I like my pork a bit chewy. hehehe. 


Yesterday brunch was osmanthus scrambled egg. I wanted it to be a vermicelli dish more than an egg dish, so put more vermicelli than what was required in the recipe. It was alright, nothing fabulous. Maybe it meant for egg dish anyway.

Peter is busy cooking lunch right now, his favorite Italian cookings. The flagrant of the fried onion is filling up my nostrils as I'm writing the blog now. yum, yum... Stay tune cuz i will definitely post up the picture in a while. :)

Happy merdeka day to all!

1 comment:

chloe-kohyee said...

that's the no bake charsiu that i was talking about and it was a huge success for me! love it...but too fattening :(