Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The E-pal

I used to write a lot to my penpal those days when I’m still in college, it’s not really the literally ‘pen’ pal, but more towards ‘email’ pal or the so called e-pal. How wonderful is the fact that technology bring the world to your doorsteps. It still amazed me to these days that how people can connect so easily through this world wide web.

Have a pleasant surprise when i browsed through the old folders and found those emails which I’ve kept for more than 8 years in my laptop. I really have to admit that this whole e-pal thing really had taught me how simple friendship can be, and moreover, how I’ve found the joy in writing for first time in my life. Sometimes when I looking back, its just sad leaving how it was because I made a place in my heart for this sort of pure enjoyment and now that place is empty. That simple feeling of pouring out all you have in words, once the ‘sent’ button was clicked, the waiting and anticipation will start, and the hunger will only be satisfied when you see the person’s replies lying in your inbox. Finally the sheer pleasure when you felt that their words seemed so close to your heart, and that how can a person you never met before can spell out what you think in your mind so accurately but the person you spend 24 hours a day can never do so.

Dar and Fei were the first two e pals whom I have exchanged email with when I was early 19 or 20 maybe, To be truth I cant even remember how it all started, but one thing for sure, their words had soothed me countless time and accompanied through so many sleepless night. I still remember when I had my first crush and Fei, who is also a devoted Christian wrote to me this:

We all are like on a chess board waiting for our Lord to move his pieces.. that is why everything happen for a reason. At the end of the day, Our dear Lord will move all pieces as he pleases so that we will meet with the ultimate happiness, and in order to do so, much we have to go through......

ANyway the best r'ship one can have is with GOD… but of course we need to be satisfied in our own physical means.. so Dun be afraid to look for that person...in fact let him look for you!! Dun be afraid to try...its nothing wrong.. JUST DO NOT GET ATTACHED too much and NEVER CROSS CERTAIN BOUNDARIES.. otherwise ur free to explore!! TO someone is GREAT!!...but its not great when it ends...

Experience is one part in life where no books or teachers nor friends can give u....I for one have been through the worst…so all this petty stuff its like swapping a fly.. hehhehe (EGO)...but seriously Do everything to the best u can .... and leave it all to the LORD!!
~fei
The whole e pal craze went for 2-3 years and came to a standstill after I went to Liverpool. I guess I was too busy experiencing and exploring the new life by that time and they too have taken different direction of life and the chemistry just lost after that. I am not particular fretting over how the whole e pal relationship gotten cold over time as I do realized that people depart from relationships when circumstances changes, especially when these are no commitment relationships to begin with. However looking back, I do think of those email exchanging days pretty fondly and I am sure that ultimately one day there will be something which I can cherish and able to fill the place. Messenger chatting and blogging were my antidote for quite some time (in fact I’m still blogging, but very much lesser in passion and frequency comparing to those days), and that’s when I get to know Lyon and my favorite guitarist Anthon...

.....To be continue(the Chat-mate)

1 comment:

chloe-kohyee said...

hey su!

i like what ur penpal, fei wrote. very nice.
if only i had one of those penpals and got to know God earlier then i wouldn't be doing nonsense.

hahaha