Friday, March 24, 2006

chenaniah

The Christian life that I experienced in the Liverpool Christian disciple church is like an enthralling journey. 5 months… had made me realized that although I am a life long Christian, my knowledge towards the words of God was so scarce and vague, and yet I proclaimed that I knew exactly what bible is. The depth of the bible teaching that I had in this church overwhelms me, and I started to see the bible in a different and new angle.

But sometimes, just sometimes, I wished I could experience the spiritual joyfulness when I worshipping Him again. Of course the words of God are powerful and soul touching, but sometimes, I do need to feel the presence of the God. I want to dance and sing whole heartly when I worship Him, I want to cried and touched by Holy spirit during singspiration, and to be truth, I wished i could stand on the altar, leading the church to experience the spiritual revival through singspiration.

When challenged about the proper place for worship, Jesus replied that there was coming a time of new worship; and yet, that time is right now. What is this new worship? It's the worship where "the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth" (John 4:23). Jesus makes His point even stronger by saying; "those who worship Him MUST worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24).

Is our worship spiritual and true? We should note that the words worship and worth come from the same root meaning. Worship then becomes acknowledging God's worth by acknowledging who He truly is; "Your word is truth" (John 17:17). We only know who God is by how He has revealed Himself in His Word.

But worship is more than simply a mental exercise. Study is important, but only as a beginning not as an end. Worship is entering into the presence of God and being in love with Who He is, with the overflow of our heart; "In Your presence is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11). This is how we must worship (or it is not truly worship) - and this worship is not determined by location or time, but by the condition of our heart.

taken from God's daily word

I miss singing and dancing in the house of God.
This-Weekend

No comments: