Thursday, March 16, 2006

The ODDS that makes me EVEN

Today is not a fine day for me.

first i got an ulser in my mouth, which sort of gave me a bulge at my lower jaw. i have no one to blame except myself, i'm having too much chocolate bars and chocolate drinks lately. Wait, i can blame the free hot drinks vent in Marks and Spencer staff cafeteria, its simply sinful to pass the thick, creamy, yummy chocolate drink without a sip!!

Secondly, i lost my marks and spencer swipe card today, i only discovered it when i reached library after the job. first i went panicked, how on earth i'm gonna enter marks and spencer tomorrow 6 in the morning??? then i went all the way back to the city centre to find the card, but to my dissapoinment, some old brats must have taken it when they saw the card lying on the road. so i went back to the management office of the M&S store and asking for the card to be replaced, and they charged me £2 for it!!!!! *sob sob* i can buy a subway marinated meatball sandwich with that amount of money.

swipe card
my swipecard

thirdly, i sprained my fingers while swipping the floor today, i swear i didnt curse, but i knew my facial expression had betrayed me, Dork. i wonder would it leads to arthritis???

but i do get some great things happened as well...

firstly, i get my grant proposal done today. Professor Collin is quite satisfied with it and asking me to go ahead prepare for the presentation. yuhuuuuu! well, my research topic is the x ray crystallization of a non mammalian protein called retinol binding protein. i'm supposed to investigate on the ligand binding ability of the protein at low temperature. sounds dry right... well, thats what research work spell for: B-O-R-I-N-G.

secondly,i might be accepted for a ECG pyscology testing on next tuesday which entitled me a £10 amazon voucher in return, spledid! i'm planning to buy an mp3 player or a motorolla mobile phone with that. Finger cross.

thirdly, its stop snowing today!!! never thought that i will felt happy because of that, but the cold breeze and the wetness of the snow really pissed me off for the past two weeks. today, while bathing under the shower of the sunshine, GOsh... i'm just felt fresh, feeling rotten for the past two weeks.

i guess God is a fair God, He gaves me suffering (if what i encountered today is considered as suffering), He gaves me joyfulness, this is how He keep my feet on the ground.

a new insight i learnt today, He gives me ODDS to makes me EVEN.

No comments: