Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pork, music and friends

3 things that made me very happy last night. 


Firstly, the glorious pork meal at Swine, Ben's, Publika. We had Pork Ribs, potato skin with mozzarella cheese fillings, spaghetti carbonara and pork confit with watermelon and lychee salad. I know the name of the salad sounds kinda weird, but its a definitely must have. Fruity and herb-ish, sweet and salty, crispy and soft, all in 1 plate.


Great desert and coffee at The bee's, with beautiful and relaxing ambiance. It was the perfect place for hang out after a good porky meal. We had a sinful  Chocolate Berry Ice-Cream Cake which is served in a glass, it's a dark chocolate ice cream mixed with berries and a biscuit base. Dove into the layers of chocolate ice cream, berries and biscuit, and have a mouthful bite of all the three combination, I assure you it almost feel like magical. We also had apple crumble, cuppucino and the Last Polka's vanilla bean ice cream. We have high hopes for the vanilla bean ice cream but it was a tad too milky to my liking. Made from a blend of Javanese and Papuan vanilla pods, the Last Polka ice cream was famous for its 100% natural ingredients, combining creamy french style ice cream with regional Asian flavors we love, such as teh tarik, salted gula melaka, pandan kaya etc. 

Photo taken from Nana's facebook

Second thing that made me a happy girl last night was the fantastic music performance on the stage by a pair of rugged looking girl and a nerd-nerd looking guy (as described by my friend). They performed some of my favorite songs which I haven't heard for ages, Jason Mraz's, John Mayer's, Lifehouse etc. Nothing fancy nor pop-ish, just a great pair of voices accompanied by acoustic guitars.

Last but not least - friends to enjoy good food and music with. Lying on a lazy couch while chattering to each other, the feeling reminds me of a song by Jack Johnson, "Better Together":
"There is no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing, but I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepia-toned loving
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together"
I know this song is about couple's love, but sometimes the feeling of friendship do reminds me the feeling of falling in love. It can be as simple as laughing together at some silly jokes, or just chattering endlessly till the night fade away, you know that its always better when friends are together. 


No comments: