Monday, November 26, 2012

Apps Goodies 2: Pin your your interest on Pinterest!

I wonder if you have a small pinboard hanging on your office cubicle wall for you to pin the calendar, post it notes, photos and of course the-ever-common motivational quotes such as "Never give up!", "The key to success is hardwork" to psych yourself up at work.


However you need not pin those boring stuffs on your board all the time. Imagine if you have alot of interesting stuffs to look at the board everyday and what's even better is that you can pin it on a virtual board so that you can bring it everywhere and share it with anyone. This is what Pinterest all about. 

I was introduced to this app by my good friend ky quite sometimes back, as she found some crazy food ideas and recipe on other's pinterest board which is interesting for girls hangout activities. The variety of ideas on the website really caught my attentions and I'm hooked on it ever since. So, its basically an apps which allows you to pin yours and other beautiful things you find on the web (images, videos, post etc.) onto your virtual pinboard. Its easy to view, organize, search as well as to share with others. Notice the small red pin-it button along with the facebook, twitter buttons at the end of each post in my blog. If you have a Pinterest account and like my post, you can pin it to your pinterest board so that others who follow's you can see my post as well. 

You can also create boards of specific theme. Currently I have 4 boards - Glorious food, Apps Goodies, Home design and Gift ideas. So whenever I've written a post for my baking addiction or apps goodies series, I will pin it on my Pinterest board to share with others. The first time my recipe got a repins from a complete stranger, I was over the moon. And that motivate me to write more! 


One of the great benefits of Pinterest as I mentioned before is that you can find so much of ideas from other's pinterest board. I've tried out many recipes pinned from others as well as planning to work on some diy craft ideas as well.

For example this rustic diy living room table made from the crates, how beautiful it is. I saw some similar one from Ben's cafe, so now I just need to get hold of some crates, anyone can tell me where to get some crates in KL?
Image from http://www.etsy.com/listing/105156860/rustic-crate-coffee-table-reserved?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=crate&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

And this beautiful pebbles mat, according to the creator, you just need pebbles, glue gun and shelf liner!

Imaged from http://entirelysmitten.typepad.com/entirelysmitten/2011/03/fun-with-river-rocks-tutorial-and-bonus-ideas.html

If I get to know Pinterest earlier, I would have done this for my wedding

1) cactus for wedding favor


or 2) wedding invitation postcard
image from http://www.etsy.com/listing/93818178/save-the-date-magnet-or-card utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_source=Pinterest

or 3) cute little candy pot for guests to munch while waiting

Anyway, what are you waiting for, start pin it today and don't forget to pin my post if you like it!

No comments: