Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The ad hoc Singapore Trip part I

It was an ad hoc trip,which means I made no pre-planning and basically we just packed our bag and went. But it was a great trip nevertheless, mostly thanks to my wonderful friend who had volunteered to be our tour guide. I was amazed at how accustom she is to Singapore now. She literally knows every corner of the city like her own backyard.

We reached Singapore fairly early and after checked into a modest hotel, we headed for our breakfast. This is a local dim sum shop which serves ok but nothing much to shout about dim sum. They have this mini charsiew bun which is deep fried into golden slightly brownish color. At least its something new compare to Malaysian dim sum. 
  
Varieties of dim sum, some sort of sweet sauce for dipping, my friend and I

Koi, Singapore bubble tea

Like Malaysia, it's common to find bubble tea shops along every street in Singapore. We tried something totally new, named Koi, which was fine but seriously who can remember the taste of different brand of bubble tea. BUT, i have to say my current favourite is Gong Cha. I totally heart their classic which has a salty milk layer separated from the tea layer. The slightly salty milk layer has such a distinguished taste which makes you cant help but crave for more!


We went to China Town and did some window shopping, I know it sounded touristy, but it was really nice to walk around actually like a tourist. Not too sure how different Singapore China town is compare to Malaysian's Petaling Street. I haven't went there for eons years. But I guess the goods in Singapore China Town are more mainland-Chinese inclined rather than local oriented. 



We went to this cute Tin Tin themed shop which sells all sort of Tin Tin merchandise. The life size doll of the characters were so cute!


Next we stopped for a bowl of hearty Bak Kut Teh from the famous Songfa Bak Teh restaurant. It was equally good with Malaysian version and the only difference is that the Singapore version's soup is more clear and more peppery.

Yummylicious pork ribs with salted steam peanuts. 

Next stop was Clarke Quay. High end shopping and eatery street. Nice view and good for slow walk.
We saw this funny structure at Clarke Quay. I think I am really dont have that many artistry cells in my brain,  it looks like a giant male reproductive organ with a shower head end to me.

And then we passed by the famous Fullerton hotel, and saw some rocky kids jumping off the walkways. On top of that, we also saw a pigeon with a GIANT ASSHOLE. Are the Singaporean artists too 'sophisticated' or is it just me?

Anyway, do stay tuned for my part II of Singapore Trip

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

OMG I love gong cha too, did you try the one with grassjelly? I looove it.
sadly i need to travel so far for it.

Atlantisian said...

there is gong cha in australia? impressive!

Dorcas said...

NO!! Only in singapore, hence NEED to travel so FAR for it :p