Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Doralin is yellow

Last Saturday night I had a good time hanging out with a bunch of drunkers. It was Raya eve, and the whole Publika looked ghostly without the usual crowd, we settled down at The Bees for dinner plus booze. 

It was a chilly night, we chat randomly and drank profusely while enjoying the serene ambiance (except me and the man with diet coke). One of the privilege of being a non drinker is to see my friends talking nonsense while getting high on booze. Well, I have solid reasons for not drinking - I am the driver plus I have zero tolerance towards alcohol. I'll go dizzy the minute I touch alcohol. But beers comes secondary when you have good companions. 

Hannah happy with her glass of heaven, Fuss free food at The Bees

I forgot how it all started, but we are talking about stories of Doraemon. Hannah didn't know that Doraemon is a robotic CAT. Yes, you heard me right, he is a CAT. And the bunch of drunkers insisted that Darolin is pink, but I remembered well that she is yellow. Now here comes the proof:

Told you Doralin is yellow not pink!!

And none of them knew the ending of Doraemon. Holly molly, how can someone not knowing the ending of Doraemon! I nearly cried a river when I saw the ending many years ago. Although Doraemon series seems to go on forever, but there is a fan fiction ending because the author Fujiko F. Fujio (藤子・F・不二雄) died before the manga ends (1996). So to my friend, here comes the ending, enjoy!



*Sniff*

Its funny that Doraemon still have a soft spot in my heart though it has been nearly twenty years since the last time I read it. Looking back, I used to hide at home reading the manga while other kids were playing and running on the field. I would spend every penny that I have to buy the manga and treasured it like gold. In fact, Doraemon was what my childhood all about.  

And the day I stopped reading Doraemon, I finally realized I have grown up. 

No comments: