Monday, April 04, 2011

And the prep goes on



Love the compilation of the photos Nana did for our recent visit to baking shop. For the full post, read here!

So, the wedding preparation went on. I'm blessed for having many helping hands, or... maybe my galfriends are eager to experiment on me so that they gain experience and know what to do when their big days come. Hahaha... Anyway, everyone was fairly excited about it, especially my two bridesmaids :)

I won't said the process is all smooth and easy, hiccups is here and there, but i'm determined to handle it as "professional" as possible, without losing the sight of the big picture. Simple things like the design of the invitation card went through 3-4 times review and 2 visits before it got finalized for printing even though I have given the exact design and wording. Future MIL being fussy over the wedding service program and Church secretary are picking on all the typos etc. I can easily be impatient if i let my emotional overrules my head. Not to mention the haunting of something-went-wrong-during-the-wedding-day-dreams which i'm keep having now and then (in fact Peter having the same dream lately).

I was listening to Katy Perry the other day, a song called "Not like the movie", and it really speaks to me. How everyone wish their wedding is just like the movie, but most of the time it doesnt turn up to be that way. BUT, that's how it should be. I don't wished for a fairy tale wedding ( or ending, :p), i just wished for a happy wedding and a perfect beginning of our life together.


Not like the movie

He put it on me, I put it on,
Like there was nothing wrong.
It didn't fit,
It wasn't right.
Wasn't just the size.
They say you know,
When you know.
I don't know.

I didn't feel
The fairytale feeling, no.
Am I a stupid girl
For even dreaming that I could.

If it's not like the movies,
Thats how it should be, yeah.
When he's the one,
I'll come undone,
And my world will stop spinning
And that's just the beginning, yeah.

Snow white said when I was young,
"One day my prince will come."
So I wait for that date.
They say its hard to meet your match,
Find my better half.
So we make perfect shapes.
If stars don't align,

If it doesn't stop time,
If you cant see the sign,
Wait for it.
One hundred percent,
With every penny spent.
He'll be the one that,
Finishes your sentences.

If it's not like the movies,
Thats how it should be.
When he's the one,
He'll come undone,
And my world will stop spinning,
And thats just the beginning.

'Cause I know you're out there,
And your, your love came for me.
It's a crazy idea that you were made,
Perfectly for me you'll see.

Just like the movies.
That's how it will be.
Cinematic and dramatic with the perfect ending.
It's not like the movies,
But that's how it will be.
When he's the one,
You'll come undone,
And your world will stop spinning,
And it's just the beginning.


Listen to Not a movie

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

normally not a fan of her, but this song is not bad! i hope she never have to sing this live and ruin it for me though!!
Have fun planning your wedding.

JeSS said...

su, you got my message in your last post?

yan and I are planning to attend two wedding ceremonies in the same morning. can u do us a favour, just to find out how far is the 2 churhes?we need to manage our time..pls email me the exact time and location of your wedding. hsc_jess82@hotmail.com

have fun planning your big day.

Nana said...

hehe, i love the picture too.. hehe..

don't worry so much la, we will do everything possible (in our power) to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Pretty excited ler!