Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thank you my dear sir

Dear Sir,

It has been only 3 years, but i felt like i know you for ages.

I was a young naive girl back then, i dont know much about the corporate life and the reality of this business world. I was fresh out from university, believing that this first job is the platform where i will shine and excel, i will translate my many years of textbook churning into practical use.

Boy, how wrong was i. Never in my life i felt like i'm so stupid, i dont know how to deal with the shrewd businessman, i dont even know how to take part in the conversation during client meeting. Sometimes i felt as though i've merge into the background while the crowds are happily talking to each other, i was the observer who happen to sat on the same table, but doesnt belong to the cliche. i kept waiting for the chance for someone to notice me, and ask me, "So, Susan what do you think?". But there arent any.

It was a wakening call to me that i'm just acedemically smart, but other than the A's in the transcripts, i has no place outside the University green house. And when i started to question myself have i made a wrong decision by taking up the job, you make me aware that Sir, there you are. You are my superior, you are my teacher, but moreover you are my friend.

You taught me how to be worldly smart, how to protect myself at the same time let my presence be felt by others, but you taught me much more than just the lesson of this world. You taught me how to treasure family and friends, how to value and enjoy life, how to harnesh the potentials in me which i've never realized.

I remember the hours and hours of long journey on the road when we travel up north and down south. How we both teared when we talked about our families and whats important in life; how we laughed at the donkey things which we did in our university days; how we gained so much of weight because of all the dim sum and nasi kandar we ate. You make the work so much fun and easy all the time.

Dear Sir, I will miss you so much when you're gone. Its my sincere wish that you'll do great in your future endeavors, and i hope that one day i'll be able to co-work with you again.

Yours truly,
Susan

2 comments:

manglish said...

ohhhh someone is leaving the company?

Atlantisian said...

@manglish. Yeah, my boss who direct supervise me. * sniff Sniff *