Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year Resolution from a carnivor

I was labeled as "The meat eater" among circle of my close friends as they knew very well that i have no immunization towards meat. * CARNIVORES RAWKS !! * But gone are the days when i can eat tons of saturated fats without blinking. At the age of 26, my body metabolic rate runs 2 times slower than my youthful days, which means i need to go to aerobics classes on par with my eating habits to burn and shake away my lipid.

Anyway, the focus of this post is not my waistline, but the food. The New York Times recently named Kuala Lumpur one of The 31 Places to Go in 2010. *Round of Applause to our city please* and of course our food obsession and stupendous eats is the centre of global attention. The referred food blog EatingAsia had compile a list of the famous food in KL. To my surprise, for a avid food lover like me, all these places sound alien to me. This is absolute HUMILIATION. Hence, here comes my first resolution of the year- I shall eat at all these places till my stomach bloated (and work extra aerobic classes to compensate that) and know hunger no more.

So here come the list:
  • Sek Yuen, 313-315 Jalan Pudu 011-60/3-9222-9457, fish and rice for two $8.75, closed Mon.

a fantastic old Cantonese joint where everything is still cooked over wood. Look at this pat poh ngap (eight treasures duck), it looks heavenly!!!
  • Yut Kee, 35 Jalan Dang Wangi, 011-60/3-2698-8108, coffee 40¢, toast 60¢

A tribute to Pig, Roti Babi!! This is their puffy white loaf encloses a filling of succulent roast pork and onions.

I had something similar during my last visit to Penang. The sensation of the juicy minced pork in the mouth is not something easy to forget.
crab balls - a mixture of crab and pork, really, and slightly crunchy carrot and Chinese celery and the Hokkien fried glass noodles

  • Imbi Market - downtown KL's last traditional wet market, straight from the kitchen

The famous Roti kahwin (left) and Winson Berger (right)

Anyone want to join me for gastronomic tentalizing breakfast feast at Imbi market? It looks like a perfect place for Saturday brunch. If this is not tempting enough, we can sit and chat till our stomach ready for lunch.


Mouth watering ‘Ngap Pei Meen‘ (duck thigh noodles) and Char siew curry noodles
  • Pak Din Ikan Bakar, Stall No. 5, Tanglin Food Court, Jalan Cenderasari, fish from $1.25, closed Sun.

Fish is not my favourite, but will keep it in the list for the time being.

..... To be continued
All the photos are courtesy of eating asia (www.eatingasia.typepad.com)

7 comments:

Dorcas said...

ooo. i would definately love the duck noodle. bring me there next time.

chloe-kohyee said...

su!!! why didnt u found out earlier??
i would have been ur faithful no.1 kaki makan...

sad...sigh...remember to take me to all those places when i go back again :(

manglish said...

paiseh except for sek yuen and imbi i havent been to others hahah must do homework next time come back... EAT!!!! hahahahha

Medie007 said...

i went to sek yuen too! nice place! :P

but others haven't been to. :(

shall make it a point to go this year. weeeeee!

ANGEL_onLINE said...

u take aerobics classes?!? lol

Pike-chan said...

Wow~~ I definitely wanna try the crab balls... sounds so unique!

Atlantisian said...

@Dorcas: of course my dear, come back faster

@Chloe: hahaha... one year more, one year more

@Manglish,Medie: Yep, thats the most enjoyable homework, i must make myself to go to sek yuennnn!

@Angeline: Yes, my dear friend, am no longer the slim susan that you know. *sob sob*

@Pikey: *Nodding in agreement*