Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

"Life aint easy, but its a joy to live."

Sometimes words like this just come to me in the most unexpected, enlightenment way.

2009 has been a long but paradoxically a short year as well. Holidays are short and working days are long, so its all about relativity. Things happened, good things, bad things, its all part of the parcel called life, hence i have nothing to complain about.

To be frank there are a few incidents happened in 2009 which leaves a bitter scar in my heart, those are the lessons which i have learnt and hopefully need not to repeat again in future.

I was forced to say good byes to some of my good friends, whom i recognized as my brothers and sisters. We used to fight for the same course and the spiritual bonding which we shared is as deep as blood bonds. Honestly, am not good in communication and sometimes am lack of initiative when it comes to maintaining friendship. I may not be expressive, but i do care. The fact that human are physicals, there is always an inherent barrier in how we are connecting to each other. We are not spiritual beings whereby the emotions can be freely shared or communicated through some magical telepathic manner. There are times when words are simply not enough, and actions are seen as meaningless.

However, though ideology may changed, principles may differed, paths may diverted, i'm thankful that the feeling for each other is always there. Though we are walking on different ways now but our paths still intertwined with each others.

Yeah, we do love each other more than the differences between us.

On the positive side, there are also times whereby i felt like i can never said 'thank you' enough. I had ample of chances in 2009 to travel around, Shanghai, Cheong Qing, Hanoi, Jakarta, Singapore, Langkawi, Hong Kong etc. and the travel experience opened up my horizon and enriched my life like never before. I'd met different people, of all walks of life and all kinds of culture, skin color, profession. And through them i came to realize that what a wonderful world we live in.

I'm also thankful for the change in my career as i'd nearly give up and seriously considered to resign at one point of time. Business speaks selfish languages. In order to protect company's best interest, i'm forced to be part of the game. It was a battle which i faced everyday the moment i stepped into the office, against the enemy i called 'myself'. I'm lucky in a sense that my company had decided to give me the chance to perform to the best of my capability and capacity in the area which i'm comfortable at. I'd changed from my current position of business development to Product portfolio development and management. For whatever reason (maybe its because my boss getting tired of me objecting him all time), i'm thankful.

Anyway, its only a few more hours to go before we wave good bye to 2009. To all who read this, thank you for the companionship we shared in words. I've nearly forgotten how fun it is to write.

Happy 2010!


5 comments:

Dorcas said...

and you found me again ( or i found you ) in 2009!
happy new year su ming!!

JeSS said...

Happy new year susan.

and yeah I found Dorcas again this year!

CH Voon said...

Susan, Happy new year 2010 to you!

Xav_Kim said...

Ur laughing sound and genuine tear enrich our life too. Will invite u N Pete to my new "kennel" soon

manglish said...

happy new year susan...you traveled a lot last year....more this year? hehe