Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The wedding

i went back to Kuching for a good 1 week for my sister wedding a month ago. It has been a long waited holiday for me, i have been anticipated for long since this is the first wedding in my family history, as well as the first time being the maid of honor.

It was a mixed feeling to see my sister was married to her love of the life time. Part of me am very very happy to see her finally walk down the isles, with my brother in law waiting in front of the church alter, welcoming her into his strong arms. But other part of me felt very sad, as if my sister is leaving me and our family to become someone else's daughter in law and wife.

I know this sounds kinda funny, but it really felt like...... my daughter is getting married.... Although my sister is two years older than me, but due to the fact that i am physically bigger size than her, and socially i am always the outgoing and traveller type (i left my home since 18 for a good 8 years now), hence people always mistook her for being my younger sister. We used to fight alot during our adolescent days since we were always forced to share our stuffs together (from room, books, to clothes etc. anything, you name it), however our relationship has improved so much since i came back from UK. Maybe due to the fact that we are more settled and emotionally matured by then, we have lots of fun shopping and eating together, as well as bitching about works and relationships while lying on the hotel's bed together.

Never realized that how much i love her until THAT day. She had grown into such a fine lady, looking so stunning and pure in her wedding dress and behind the white vail. At that moment, i really felt that my emotions was overwhelmed and overflowed, recollected in a stupor, as if all my words were fading away, failing to describe the heart which was so touched by the reunion of the two souls.


Click here for more photos from Elvis, the photographer
. http://beingelvish.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Soon_Fuan_Cheng_Ting

i'm really thankful to both of them as I could not helped but realized that this is not just another typical marriage. Some people treat marriages as culture or ceremony, some are arranged with no love, some maybe out of convenience, some has lost its meaning and permanance. However when the two exchange the wedding vow and said "i do", i know this is a marriage that is blessed by both families and God-honoring.

Jie, you will always be my sister, and Soon Fan, welcome to the family.

When God made you ( by Newsong and Natalie Grant)
It’s always been a mystery to me
How two hearts can come together
And love can last forever
But now that I have found you, I believe
That a miracle has come
When God sends the perfect one
Now gone are all my questions about why
And I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life

Chorus:
I wonder what God was thinking
When He created you
I wonder if He knew everything I would need
Because He made all my dreams come true
When God made you
He must have been thinking about me

I promise that wherever you may go
Wherever life may lead you
With all my heart I’ll be there too
From this moment on I want you to know
I’ll let nothing come between us
And I will love the ones you love
Now gone are all my questions about why
And I have never been so sure of anything in my life

Bridge:
He made the sun
He made the moon
To harmonize in perfect tune
One can’t move without the other
They just have to be together
And that is why I know it’s true
You’re for me and I’m for you
Cause my world just can’t be right
Without you in my life

Tag chorus:
He must have heard every prayer I’ve been praying
Yes He knew everything I would need
When God made you
When dreams come true
When God made you He must have been thinking about me

No comments: