Monday, July 16, 2012

27, 29

I stumbled across this post named 21,23,25 last night when I'm trying to update the labels of my old posts. It was written nearly 4 years ago, which was a simple exercise of re-discovering myself. It brought back so much of memories, and it was such a great joy to see how my life was back in those days. They were just simple answers to some common questions, but when these answers were presented in a sequential manner according timeline, it almost felt like a life log, a log which shows the progression of my life over the years.

So in order to continue the ritual, here comes my 27 and 29.  

2 years ago

1. How old were you?: 27

2. Where did you go to school?: I am glad that I no longer required to go to school. I mean the hanging out with course-mates part was fun, but the examination was dreadful. In fact, I still have stupid nightmares about not able to finish revision / exam on time now and then.

3. Where did you work? Still the same company. At Mines, as a Product Manager of a biotech firm

4. Where did you live? It was still the box-like 800 square feet flat at Genting Klang with 2 other housemates, but I was in the process of moving into our own house. I had enjoyed the place although the lift always smell like urine, and the noise never ceased day and night. I guess its the companionship which makes the whole lot different. Sometimes, I still miss the late night chat I had with Sam, my dear sister and a friend whom I can always count on and whom I can cry together with. 

Our humble little place, we don't even have a proper table back then!

5. Where did you hang out? Probably at home most of the time. My life was kinda mundane back then, I dont hang out with friends that much. Partly due to the fact that I was still trying to figure out how would I fit into this grand scheme of life which was slowly taking it shape after 3 years came back from UK. It was a period of transition from single to soon be married, so alot of stuff to ponder and to decide.   

6. What's your biggest achievement? Was engaged considered as achievement? :) Oh, and we had finally bought a place we can called our home.

7.Who was your bff(s): Peter and my kupo gang. My girl friends are wacky and fun!!


Kupo trip to Melaka.

8. What car did you drive? Still my same old Myvi

9. Had you had your heart broken? Can you imagine a 27 years old still complain about heart breaks?

10.Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Engaged ;)

Photo taken on the night he proposed

Today


1. How old were you? 29

2. Where did you go to school? No! Do I still have to answer this question every two years for the rest of the my life? I'm officially deleting this question. 

3. Where did you work? Still with the same company! It has been freaking 5 years!!! I need a change! 

4. Where did you live? My HOME!!!

It has been nearly 2 years since we moved in and owned this little nest called home, there are many nights when I'm lying on my bed smelling my smelly pillow, and suddenly felt that I am the happiest person in the world. Contentment is when you are exactly where you belong. 

5. Where did you hang out? Church and my kitchen. Peter and I love to host dinner for our friends and family. Partly due to our new found interest- cooking and baking! Well, food tasted the best when its shared with many. ;)


6. What's your biggest achievement? Was getting married consider as an achievement?;) 7 years of courtship was finally sealed with a pair of rings. 


7.Who was your bff(s): Its still Peter and my kupo gang. My girl friends are still super wacky and fun to hang out with although they might really turn into kupo soon. hahaha...


8. What car did you drive? My forever faithful MyVi

9. Had you had your heart broken? Am deleting this question too. 

10.Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Happily married. 

2 comments:

Xav_Kim said...

ku po gang .. wakakakaa....

welcome to 30 soon

Nana said...

Seems like a long long time ago! Missing the time when I didn't have to WORK!
hahaaaaa
Happpily MARRIED! @.@