Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Malaysian rock band

I started to listen to emo metal rock songs ever since I've attended Evanescence concert.   

To some extent I do understand why this type of genre is appealing to certain group of people. I find that there is a lot of depth in the hysterical style of singing, the emotions was so intense that you will either get sucked into swirling vortex of unknown emotion, or end up screaming at top of your lungs to the songs. It is contagious, it is infectious. 

It was a common misunderstanding that people thinks that heavy metal band scream more than sing. For me, it was a challenge for the vocalist to be screaming hysterically while still singing in tune. Although most of the heavy metal songs runs on a few chords repeatedly, but they still can be highly rhythmical and melodious. Most of the heavy metal band today are no longer hardcore heavy metal. The style of music is fusion of heavy metal with other genre like rock, electronics, groove etc. However, the high pitched vocal lines with occasional growl; the arpeggiated guitar, the blasting bass drum and snare drum are the signature which cannot be missed in the package. 

I was listening to songs of a local band called Rosevelt for the past few days and so far I really like it, especially this song called mirror. The song just stuck in my head like ipod running in loop mode. The ending of the song reminds me of Damien Rice, the singer whose songs had accompanied a significant chunk of my emo youthful days. 

Anyway, lets not dwell too much on that. 

I also like the short composition which the vocalist Nick Davis produced. 


And i kinda like this too.

Enjoy. 

No comments: