Thursday, September 10, 2009

A monologue

A monologue which i had with myself while driving to work today.

Why human tends to complicate things?

Its because human have feelings.

We love (intentionally or subconsciously or intuitively) to relate our feelings and emotions to the way we do things, to a situation, to a circumstances, to a general issue which got nothing to do with us at all. In a way, its like what Peter telling me sometimes, i am 'personalizes' the issue', or 'dramatize' the relations.

If the client is being unreasonable why does it has to upset me so much? i dont have to be accountable for sales number nor i'm risking Company 5 years growth plan.

Its because they had be-little my professionalism, they are not respecting my humble (maybe its not so humble after all) opinion and it hurts my pride. And that's when the feelings factor kicks in and express itself in full blown.

If my friend carries a different view towards life and religion why does it bothers me so much?

Of course it bothers me cuz we are from the same flock called 'best friends'. The differences will do us part someday. I hate to admit but yes, i have this feeling called 'fear'. I fear that one day our difference will not be just some tease or constructive debates which we'd enjoyed, but more in a form of misunderstandings and arguments.

So the problems is not much with others, but lies within myself?

Yes i guess so. Maybe when someone is doing or saying something to me, most of the time it is about THEM and not ME.

But (yes there is always a but) I do need a small room for my insignificant and tiny feeling. Sometimes, i do need to be told that having the feeling of wanting others to see and feel what i see and feel is not all that wrong. I do need to be listened when it really concern me.

Can you do that for me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Email Marketing
very useful, thanx a lot for this article . This was what I was looking for.