Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's day

It was Father's day yesterday, there was no cakes and celebration since my dad and I are physically separated by hundreds miles of open sea.

Although we only had a short tele conversation but i felt like we are closer than ever. i wished him a simple happy fathers day wish and as usual he told me to take good care of myself, eat proper and dont drive too fast and da da da.... Well, you get the idea. However despite of his usual nagging, there is this particular advice from him which left a warm imprint in my heart. He told me to always hold on to The Almighty since my mom and himself cannot be physically be there for me all the time.

It was a simple thing to say but it summarized the heart of a father. My earthly father loves me so much that he had decided long time ago to let me go in order for me to pursue my own dreams, even if it means i'm no longer under his wings of protection. As such, he can only asked the Heavenly Father to watch over me when i'm far away from home. Til this day, he still strongly believes that his childrens will never deviate too far from the right path if she/he honours God.


It has been a good 9 years since the day i left my home, no matter where i am, be UK or KL, he had consistently showed me that he had so much of faith in God and in me. For that, i have nothing but gratitude.

Happy Father's day, daddy.

4 comments:

iriene said...

God is a loving Father....
Our earthly father was honored with the duty to care & love us...
Wonderful post, tks for sharing!
Do drop by my blog, :D

TOLANIC said...

Hey. What are you doing in UK? Studying ka? Or working?

Atlantisian said...

I have my Msc done in UK two years back. Now happily reside in KL;)

Xav_Kim said...

this year is my 1st without father father's day.
agree with u as we shall spend more time with family at least remember them in prayer.
Good news: I found Kai ( piano boy ) anime movie. Will pass 2 u on coming gathering.