Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Open for visit

i am getting older... that's a fact which i can no longer deny.
Being 25 is not as sweet as the days when we used to be forever 18.
At the age of mid 20s, another day passed by reminds you that you are marching a step closer to the middle age group, a.k.a the aunties group.

i am not sure why such a thought came to me suddenly, but i guess having that kind of thought itself proved that i am getting older.
It amused me to think back those youthful days...
Wondering how to look more mature, having dreams of being an independent career women living in a nice cozy apartment where the sun will shine in every morning from the balcony...

Sigh... those Uni days felt like eons away!

Enough of the reminiscence on those innocent days!
ANYWAY, I had moved into a new household, a sister household.
Both me and my new housemate- Samantha have high expectations towards the new household.
We have always crave to have a closer relationship among the sisters.
And its seems like impossible at one time as we are geographically distanced from each other (and spiritually distanced as well?).
And that leads to the born of the idea of having a sister household.
However, I have to admit that it took me great courage to decide to step out from my comfort zone and that small room in Wangsa Maju.
i can still remember the disbelief look of both Jv and Ky when they step into my room.
Compare to our big room in Albany or Kensington, the room is like a store room by UK standard. hahaha...

Well, the small room has always been my refuge for the past 1++ year.
I am a person who enjoy the solitude,
enjoy being undisturbed and remain happily in my cocoon
some people might called it weird or introvert
However i am contented the way that is ~emotionally isolated.

ANYWAY, the point is to move out from that little world where i can freely do whatever i want (watch anime whole night, recording my own voice while playing guitar throughout the night etc.)without having to connect much to outer world i.e. my ex housemates (dont know them that close anyway, since we are all working adults with different circles of friends) is not an easy step.
I've told myself, if i decided to step out, then there will be a set of expectations from other people and myself.
Will i be able to give up so much of freedom which i have?
Can i stay isolated when i am expected to open my doors wide?

A lot of uncertainties there is.
However, i do felt that this is a right thing to do.
i dont have much time to give before i'm entering into the so called 'not-single-and-available' life.
why not taking the chance to enjoy the sisterhood when i still can.
I do miss those time when ky,jv and me live under one roof.
There is a lot of arguments, but alot of laughters as well.
The sweet and memorable time which we shared together are much valuable than anything else....

Anyway, life got so many things to offer
i will be be fool to not enjoy it to the fullest
C’eist la vie

1 comment:

chloe-kohyee said...

yes su! it was shocking to see ur room. it's a jail...and ur a jailbird...

anyway, it is really good to stay with sisters. this is one thing i will probably never ever want to give up in my whole entire life.

surely i want to have sometime for myself too, but life just gets emptier day by day. we will always need the fellowship and support that each one can give.

hope u enjoy 2 years of sisterhood before tying ur knot...the dead knot! hehehe.

miss u, take care xoxo