Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas D.I.Y: Giant Origami star

This year, I will be in charge of Christmas decoration of our Pre-Christmas dinner at Church. For some reason, I am super excited about it. To be frank I'm not really an artsy person nor I have that many creative cells in my brain. But luckily I got a teacher called Pinterest. There are tons of posts about different ways to d.i.y the christmas decor with literally zero money spent. 

In order to channel of some of my excitement, I am gonna blog about the details of all the D.I.Y decoration idea which I come across in Pinterest and eventually experimented.

Today its all about origami stars, I stumbled on this youtube video on the tutorial of making an origami stars when browsing Pinterest. It doesn't seems like its rocket sciences, so I asked myself, why not try it now!


I experimented with whatever materials and tools I can find in the office. Now the only challenge was getting a big piece of paper. I dismantled a BIG brown envelope to make it 2 piece of brown paper. Other than that, I just need scissors, cello-tape and staple. And after 15 mins of hardwork, wala! here my giant star!!  


Not bad huh for a beginner. 


So now, I have a star shinning over me everyday when I'm working!! :p

No comments: