Thursday, March 10, 2011

It has been 2 weeks

I have so much to write but so little time. The reality slowly dawned on me, that its officially less than 4 months now.

Peter and I were ambitious. We planned to finish all the necessary preparation within 1 month, then we gonna goyang kaki sampai patah for the next 3 months til the BIG day comes. And i seriously thought i'm gonna be able to achieve that. Whats so hard about wedding preparation, with my speed and his attention to details, of course we can glide to our big day effortlessly. Because of the great ambition, we have been rushing to get done as much things as possible for the past 2 weeks. So for two weekends consecutively, we have been running all over the places, meeting all sorts of people, calling and emailing all the vendors.

Boy, it was tired. Very very tired but i have to say that we managed it alright. Since the day we have the confirmed date in hand, things has been progressing, slowly but surely. Just to recap the things which we have settled:

1. Booked the church, went through 2 sessions with the priest and the secretary separately
2. Booked the restaurant for lunch reception, have a good food tasting session with one of our best man
3. Finalized and got all the helpers for the church services
4. Bought the wedding program cover and got the Church service program all drawn out
5. Went for a 1 day makeup course and going for another bridal makeup trial on coming Saturday.
6. Bought my wedding gown, heels, and his full suit
7. Booked with a florist for my bridal bouquet and his buttonhole
8. Booked my family's Kuching-KL air tickets
9. Bought the dress for my bridesmaid and ties for the best men
10. Redo my car deco to suit my color theme (am not gonna show anything here, if you are interested then come to see on the day itself. wuahaha... )

However on the other side of the stories, with Peter's fussyness and me being anal, we keep going back and forth on some of our decision. Just to name a few of those pending:

1. Went to a few wedding card printing shop, still couldnt decide the design which i like the most
2. Met 2 photographers after screening through all the portfolios and quotations, but still couldnt decide on which one to engage with.
Vendor 1
Vendor 2
3. Wedding door gifts *secret *
4. Flower girl's dress (flower girls are busier than me, exam kononnya)
5. Makeup artist
.......

Anyway, 2 weeks to go to achieve our goal to goyang kaki!

7 comments:

chloe-kohyee said...

omygoodness!! u r crazy!!!

but then again, u bought ur dress within a day...so wedding in a month, yeah..possible! ;)

Dorcas said...

what is wedding door gift??
Hahaha, please dun goyang kaki until patah, dun think you like to use a tongkat on the aisle.

Xav_Kim said...

I told u, u have to "10. Redo my car deco to suit my color theme"
According to my past experiences, endless un-foresee incidents keep occur on the BigDay...Wish u can have a peaceful wedding day... hahahaha

Bout ur 3. Wedding door gifts *secret * What can i expect too much from less creative and innovative person? chocolate?

Atlantisian said...

@Ky and Dorcas: hahaha... well you guys know me.

@ Kim: I am tempted to ban seeing you officially until the wedding day itself, so that i hear no more of your whinning. Can or not. hahaha..

chloe-kohyee said...

i think vendor 1 is better..
ur vendor 2's website hasn't been updated..no `wedding' updates :(

i think his/her pictures are nothing special al...i also can do it...give me a super cam, and i'll do it for free :p

Nana said...

KY, i ask my brother lend you his DSLR you take la.
haha save this woman a few thousand bucks.

Anonymous said...

hey Susan,
You can check this out, my cuzzie wedding photographer last year at St. Mary Church & Nikko Hotel..

and I am taking them as well for the my wedding banquet @ Penang..

http://jacphoto2u.com/blog/

cheers,
hooileng