Monday, October 12, 2009

On Being a woman


i hate myself for being a woman at times. Being a XY species, we need to carry many extra baggage of physiological complication, traditional view of gender roles and worldly stereotyped perception of what woman is like.

Lets talk about the physiological complication of being a woman, apart from having to suffer the monthly menstrual pain and the labor pain, we woman are also haunted by the ghost of the menses named PMS, with dysphoria as one of the most prominent symptom. Am not trying to make an excuse of women being emotional by saying its all biological. However, women being emotional does relates to physiology and not entirely psychology.

Not forgetting the female social conditioning and stereotyping. In general, women is seen to be 'busy body', 'gossiper' etc. And sad to say, I cant deny that some of my own genders are unbelievably 'good' when it comes to bias-ness, backstabbing, gossiping and social cliques-ness.

Thats why i said that sometime i hate myself for being relate to stereotypically viewed women.

i was on the hype of emotions last week. First of all, i was completely pissed with my company management for not admitting their fault although it was a caught-in-red-handed kinda situation. To make it worse, they are tai-chi-ing the fault to ground people like me and my colleague. As such, am contemplating a silent protest to my boss. Luckily i was away from the office for the past few days which enables me to avoid all the unnecessary interaction with him.

I know its emotional, childish and am not proud of the things i'm writing here. Blame it to the Oestrogen, blame it for acting like a normal woman and letting the emotions over ruled me. I dont know how a guy will act in the same kind of situation, smile professionally and accept whatever crap thrown to him, and smartly put a positive spin on things later?

Sadly saying, it really doesnt sound easy at all when you need to endures the abdominal bloating and cramps, headaches and face the unreasonable boss at the same time.

5 comments:

Pike-chan said...

But being a woman, there's more motherly forgiveness, more understanding, more assurance, more pain endurance, more generous and many more.

kim said...

More than a woman, more than a woman to me
More than a woman, more than a woman to me
More than a woman, oh, oh, oh.
By uncles Bee Gee

But being a boy, also has countless issues...
My thought after reading: you are woman who wants to be Full Time Housewife; I'm a boy.

There is nothing wrong,right?

manglish said...

i think women being the gossiper part is not true anymore....hahahha even guys gossip these days, it is a national pasttime hahhahha...

donsam said...

hahaha...nice 'woman' blog!!! BTW, i have renamed my blog to http://samartg.blogspot.com/ Pls update. Cheers!

Dorcas said...

hahhaha!! Dun be so mad! At least you HAVE the reason to be crazy and a little hormonal imbalance, and people will understand that. think about when a male collegue throw a tantrum??!! He has NO REASON to do so, and will often be missjudge when he do so!! So we, as women, should always use the PMS thing as a weapon, just like tears, when use it wisely, it can move mountain, but dun over use it. of course.
i love being a women, i'll never trade anything to be a men, YUCK!